Associate Director, Health and Public Policy
Our team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape health care and health policy. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades. Our clients include leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, provider societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers, patient advocacy groups and medical device makers.
What we bring you: The opportunity to work with smart, fun colleagues around the country and across the globe. Amazing in-house opinion research, creative and resources as part of your team. The chance to work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day for leading companies and associations. An opportunity to shine, succeed and chart your course based on what you bring to the table – not where you sit on the org chart.
- Serves as lead relationship manager to health care clients and oversees large health campaigns
- Confidently engages with senior client staff and leadership, including leading client meetings
- Builds credibility with clients by offering knowledgeable observations, insights and strategic thinking regarding communications and public affairs activities, informed by prior experience and deep knowledge of the sector
- Manages all internal and client timelines, ensuring both teams meet deadlines
- Oversees multi-million dollar budgets and contracts
- Guides internal teams in the development of client strategy and planning
- Actively engages in team member development; acts as a leader and mentor to team members
- Demonstrates performance in growing clients organically and actively pursues new opportunities with prospects, including leading business development activities
- Maintains a strong professional network and is viewed as an expert in the market
- Leads and engages in annual business planning efforts
- 6-8 years of experience in health communications or public affairs; prior agency experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Deep understanding of health care communication and industry issues
- Track record of running successful communications or public affairs campaigns
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills including the ability to write strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Incredibly detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience managing individuals and/or a team
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-08