Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director, Investor Relations and Public Relations
The Associate Director, Investor Relations and Public Relations will partner with the CEO/CFO to represent Arbor Bio to our stakeholders including the investor community, potential partners, potential employees and others. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy for a broad and diverse range of business and marketing communications to broadly improve the awareness of Arbor Bio as a leading innovator in gene editing and related areas. This includes both internal and external communications. The incumbent will ensure Arbor Bio is appropriately positioned with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders. This individual will also be responsible for all corporate communications, including corporate visibility, media and public relations, and alignment with corporate strategy. The incumbent will contribute to company and employer branding as well as internal messaging strategy and execution.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this individual will work with leaders across the organization Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist the CFO in the strategic planning, direction, and execution of Investors Relations.
- Develop investor awareness and confidence in Arbor Bio’s vision and strategy
- Manage investor-facing materials, including press releases, corporate website, corporate presentations, investor presentations, data presentations, conference call scripts, Q&As, etc.
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework.
- Create and manage a strong reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties.
- With the CFO, interface with the investment community to help educate institutional investors and research analysts regarding Arbor Bio’s business strategies and outlook, and differentiation as an innovator in the biotechnology industry.
- Refine messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations, peer performance.
- Oversee and execute on social media accounts and campaigns.
- Provide insights on market activity and present them to the leadership team.
- Prepare management team for investor events; may accompany executives at investor conferences and be a resource for information.
- Travel may be required up to 25% of your time
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; advanced degree (MBA, PhD, MD, PharmD) not required but preferred
- 10+ years of progressive industry experience, preferably with at least 5 years of experience in Investor Relations, Finance, Investment Banking, or Management Consulting
- Strong familiarity with financial modeling techniques and valuations methods and financial reporting.
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements. Strong understanding of macroeconomics, capital markets trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics, and customer trends.
- Knowledgeable in capital markets, with a deep understanding of financial markets.
- Demonstrated experience working in the biotechnology industry
- Able to effectively translates complex scientific or business matters into easy to understand messaging
- High impact communication and presentation skills, with the ability to tailor communications to different external and internal audiences.
- Able to to maintain open communication with employees and other stakeholders
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You’ll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we’re all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2021-12-21