Associate Director, Neurology Product Communications
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world’s most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Associate Director will serve as a counselor to business partners and lead communications for the company’s epilepsy franchise and Eisai’s insomnia medication. The associate director will develop and execute public relations plans that increase awareness of Eisai neurology products and the company’s leadership in neuroscience. This position will report to the director of communications for the Neurology Business Group. While the position is part of the Corporate Communications team, she/he will serve as an integral member of the larger Corporate Affairs Department, which is comprised of Corporate Communications, Government Relations/Public Policy, and Patient Advocacy. This person will serve as the primary liaison/lead with marketing, advocacy, medical, regulatory, compliance and, legal team members.
Develop strategies and overall communications plans to educate key audiences about Eisai’s neurology products in the therapeutic areas of epilepsy and sleep, neuroscience leadership and the company’s profile. Lead PR agency in the development and execution of PR strategies and programming. Manage agency and budget. Establish, track, and measure program success via established metrics. Liaise with patient advocacy function and advocacy groups to develop and execute unbranded disease awareness campaigns Provide communications counsel to organization and contribute to the larger Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs Department goals. Write and edit content for Q&A documents, press releases, internal announcements, news articles and other editorial content as appropriate. Collaborate with cross-functional departments, such as marketing, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, legal, clinical development, and scientific communications teams to help ensure alignment on strategies and provide input into the strategic direction for all activities needed. Develop relationships with reporters/online influencers and track media trends/environment.
- BA/BS in related field
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/health care communications, agency or in-house experience
- Strong executive presence with proven ability to counsel and support senior management
- Exceptional and demonstrated collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills and business acumen including prioritization, project management, budgeting, creative problem solving, attention to detail and adherence to policies
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work within a team environment and deliver results
- Ability to research, write and edit content for Q&A documents, press releases, internal announcements, news articles and other editorial content as needed
- Experience working with and managing public relations and other agencies/vendors
- General understanding of prescription product/brand, regulatory, manufacturing and pipeline communications
- Proactive, solutions-oriented self-starter with an innovative and resilient mindset, willing to build champions to help challenge the status quo and surmount challenges to advance Eisai’s visibility
- Positive attitude and the ability to inspire colleagues
- Strong influence skills needed to be successful in a global, matrixed organization.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-18