Associate Director, Policy & Research
The Hub Project
The Hub Project is looking for an Associate Director of Democracy Policy and Research to help lead and manage the Policy and Research team here at the Hub Project. The Associate Director will work closely with the Director of Policy and Research and the rest of the team to engage on issue advocacy in a manner that furthers the Hub Project’s mission.
Our team produces persuasive, effective research materials that power and strengthen the Hub’s advocacy campaigns, all of which are dedicated to producing a more just and inclusive economy and democracy. We craft everything from internal analyses to products for public release. The Associate Director will work closely with the Director of Policy and Research to advise and guide our Research Managers and Associates, ensuring that the team is meeting our overall goals while encouraging professional development and growth among our staff.
As Associate Director of Policy and Research you’ll:
- Develop research managers and associates and work with them to ground all of the work of The Hub Project in smart, progressive policy with incisive research that conveys the necessity for our advocacy campaigns including directing their workflow, advising on projects, and guiding professional development.
- Support the research and policy needs of our advocacy campaigns and ensure that our advocacy campaigns are serving our policy goals.
- Partner with the Director of Policy and Research and other senior team members to develop the research and policy strategy for new and ongoing campaigns.
- Distill and translate partner research projects into tools and materials designed for campaign use.
- Develop and approve materials and messaging for Hub Project campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Hub’s Communications, Digital, Polling, and Campaigns teams to ensure that teams and partners have the necessary resources and tools to advocate on a variety of issues.
- Work with your team to generate ideas for persuasive research products and supervise the quality execution of those products.
- Build and grow research, policy, advocacy, and education partnerships with a variety of allied groups working toward aligned goals.
- Collaborate with Hub Project staff on other teams (digital, communications, campaigns) to anticipate their research needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have at least 2 cycles of research experience in electoral or issue advocacy campaigns.
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and you are passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You value working with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You’re comfortable with data analysis and translating academic research jargon into plain (and compelling) language.
- You have experience working on campaigns and understand how to create effective, clear, and compelling messaging.
- You’re deeply familiar with the progressive policymaking community
- You’re an excellent writer and editor, with an eye toward overall quality control
- You’re comfortable working under tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- You’re well-organized and detail-oriented.
- You have supervisory experience
It would be a bonus if…
- You have an advanced degree in a relevant field such as economics, public policy, or social sciences.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply for this Job”. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub Education and Engagement Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Job posted: 2021-06-09