Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director, Political Programs
Business Title: Associate Director, Political Programs
Requisition Number: 98345 – 21
Function: Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director of Political Programs to join our Office of Government Affairs and Public Policy (OGAPP) organization.
- Research the backgrounds of members of Congress and candidates for possible engagement by OGAPP’s government affairs team, including tracking of elected officials’ positions, and statements on relevant issues, firm positions and current events and controversies
- Create and support political presentations delivered by various members of the government affairs team, including research and slide deck creation
- Manage the political calendar to ensure internal teams are aware of crucial political events, elections and engagements and managing convention planning for the 2024 Democratic and Republican conventions, including sponsorship opportunities and local engagement
- Oversee subscriptions of political and public policy content providers (including PoliticoPro, BGOV, National Journal and others)
- Direct the firm’s Political Action Committee (PAC), including oversight of PAC governance, development of a giving strategy and budget, supporting fundraising activities, sponsoring events, employing marketing strategies, and spearheading solicitation campaigns
- Develop and maintain relationships with key political fundraisers and peers to ensure ongoing benchmarking and best practices
- Minimum of five years of recent experience in PAC management, political fundraising, or comparable political experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science, public relations, marketing or another relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Strong organizational skills, including extensive use of Excel; preference for familiarity with DDC PAC management platform and software
- Strong research, writing and presentation skills, including familiarity with the Congressional Record, bill tracking, and CRS reporting, and ability to prepare visually appealing presentations and infographics
- Dedication to high quality work in a collaborative team environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to driving diversity, equity and inclusion at the group, enterprise, industry, or community level
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link ( https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/us/pdf/2018/09/eeo.pdf) contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
Job posted: 2023-02-02