Associate Director, Public Affairs
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Assoc Dir, Public Affairs, North America, is a member of the North American team, with functional reporting to the Sr. Director, Public Affairs, North America. The Assoc Dir is responsible for management and hands-on execution of key external brand and corporate communications initiatives for certain key therapeutic focus areas in the Inflammation and Autoimmunity (IAI) portfolio. The Assoc Dir also supports the planning and execution of advocacy relations including strategy and aligning key interests between the company and patient groups by assisting in the evaluation, design and implementation of programs with partner organizations.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Corporate Communications
- Support/drive the development and implementation of regional communication strategies and programs for marketed brands and future indications (including launch preparation) and assets to help meet business objectives and strengthen company/brand reputation.
- Support corporate strategic messages and enhance awareness/acceptance of brand, corporate and pipeline communications platforms among regional general, trade and on-line media, as well as external stakeholders (i.e., physicians, patients, caregivers, payers, advocates), as appropriate.
- Develop and manage the review process for press releases and other materials (e.g., fact sheets, videos, Web and social content, etc.).
- Provide guidance and develop proactive issues-management strategies, as needed, to protect the company and brand reputation.
- Work closely with commercial, medical and market access teams to address corporate/brand opportunities and challenges.
- Report results to internal and external allies and use data to continuously improve programs.
- Develop and implement strategies to support effective/appropriate partnerships with patient advocacy groups in therapeutic areas important to the business, including but not limited to disease awareness and education and policy issues.
- Act as a key point of contact for inflammation and autoimmunity-focused patient advocacy groups—establish shared objectives with organizations, lead joint programs, and orchestrate relationship management activities. Develop effective and enduring relationships with members of the executive staff and board members of patient advocacy groups.
- Work cross-functionally within Incyte to identify needs and opportunities relevant to patient advocacy groups at the national and local level.
- Conduct assessments of patient and professional organizations and related groups to understand their capacity and interests.
- Undertake periodic audits, circulates findings, and gain support within Incyte on strategic priorities and needs.
- Design and implement advisory boards, meetings, and other activities and collaborations that enable internal understanding of needs and preferences of patients, families and caregivers, primarily in partnership with advocacy groups.
- Identify ways to bring the voice of the patient into the Company’s activities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory policies and guidelines.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in science, communications, health or business-related field preferred.
- 6-10 years of pharmaceutical experience, with corporate experience preferred.
- Experience in inflammation and autoimmunity public relations and advocacy relations, especially dermatology.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the principles of effective advocacy.
- Proficient in networking and ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally.
- Experience working across multiple departments in a global company
- Strong writing skills; sufficient science background to write or edit press releases and other materials describing the Company’s work
- Familiarity with issues/sensitivities of corporate reputation management
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- High degrees of self-motivation and organization
- Experience managing agency team and adhering to budgets
- Ability to work independently, jump into a fast-moving environment and absorb information quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and integrity, and the ability to build relationships and establish credibility at all levels
- Travel required up to 25% of the time.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at: http://www.incyte.com/privacy-policy
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process here.
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices here. By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-25