Associate Director: Public Affairs, Community, & Crisis Communications
Small Girls PR is looking for an Associate Director with a diverse background at the intersection of public relations, public affairs, reputation management and a strong knack for uncovering press-generating ideas, to join our team that services both 1) the city of Tulsa’s impact efforts across tech innovation and social good as well as 2) a high profile transportation startup.
The Associate Director is responsible for becoming deeply integrated with our brands, providing senior counsel to these clients who turn to us for long-term strategy, brand purpose architecture, creative pitch angles, stakeholder communications, marketing stunts, and out-of-the-box ideas that bring their position to life in thoughtful ways. At SGPR, Associate Directors are the day-to-day creative leaders, overseeing more junior team members.
Note: While this position is Work From Home through at least the end of the year, we’re looking to speak to candidates who plan to be in NY or LA long-term and are open to operating closer to East Coast Hours.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Act as the senior day-to-day contact for clients regarding strategy, crisis & issues management, unique ways to break through saturated news cycles, and how messaging will be engineered for national media pull-through
- Maintain consistent knowledge of client affairs and feel ‘boardroom ready’ to counsel clients on breaking news and socially or culturally sensitive topics
- Contribute original integrated campaign concepts you’ve come up with and facilitate productive brainstorms
- Have the confidence to tell the clients ‘no’ when an idea won’t land as intended nor realistically convert to media results — and have the creativity to surface additional ideas on the fly as alternatives
- Voice how integrated strategies can be executed between creative disciplines and other PR partners. Sell why those strategies will result in a win.
- Engineer and secure in-depth client coverage in media that matters
- Provide mitigation for both rising issues as well as distinct communities relations
- Set client KPIs. Then, develop and deliver both long-term and monthly communications strategies that deliver on approved goals.
- Spot trends in team results and proactively suggest methods of improving your hub
- Lead a high performing team who will look to you for mentorship and development
Why we’ll love you:
- You have PR & integrated marketing expertise with a minimum of at least 6-9+ years in media relations, corporate communications, and crisis communications, with client leadership experience.
- You have experience in diplomacy and public affairs with the ability to lead interdisciplinary conversations, offer counsel and opinions based on internal stakeholders, external partners, and the local and national communities.
- You’ve managed a team of PR professionals, ideally inclusive of cross-functional integrated marketing players.
- You are known for being clever and connecting the dots live on calls with clients; your creative approach to marketing and problem solving is something that consistently comes up in your reviews 😉
- You are personable with your clients and they request you on projects; you instill confidence as the go-to person for all key client stakeholders by anticipating client needs, delivering results above expectations, and coming up with creative, original ideas on the fly.
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have an employee-led committee that determines company policy together and another dedicated to planning our weekly celebrations and quarterly outings (virtual or otherwise), book clubs and employee-coached trivia & intramural activities, a pet-friendly office when we’re not remote, a penchant for karaoke, and we’ve even taken our staff on vacations overseas.
- Atypical Time: PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to preventative care.
- We invest in you: We cover 100% medical, contribute to your 401k annually (whether you decide to contribute or not), in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage and daily commute. We budget for you to network as well as reimburse professional development as it applies to roles, from InDesign to public speaking.
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-10