Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director – Public Affairs – Policy
About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Associate Director works on complex issues that require an in-depth knowledge of the company and its long-term ambitions. Develops NNI’s policy positions, in line with Enterprise Strategy. Manages relationships with select government agencies. Serves as a subject matter expert. Solicits internal stakeholder insights to analyze the business impact of select policy proposals – to NNI and the broader industry. Educates and enables broader PA Team and NNI business to leverage these positions. Collaborates and coordinates with peers and cross-functional colleagues locally and globally.
This job can be based out of the Plainsboro, NJ or Washington, DC Office.
Reports to the Market Access and Public Affairs Senior Director, Policy. Other internal relationships include all other Market Access & Public Affairs teams, Finance, Medical, Legal, Compliance, Communications and other key stakeholders locally and globally. External relationships include select federal agencies that may develop health care policies that could impact the pharmaceutical industry. Interactions frequently involve interactions with senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to NNI.
- Partner with the Senior Director and other team members to provide the business with subject matter expertise on assigned policy areas and assist in analyzing the potential impact to NNI’s business
- Achieve deep understanding of, and serve as a subject matter expert on, assigned policy areas and the potential impact to NNI’s business
- Assigned policy areas may include, but are not limited to: NN Foundation, Quality, Medicare, Medicaid, Transparency, Adherence, Importation, Reference Pricing, Pricing / Price Increases, Stem-Cell, Research, NIH, Reimbursement, IP, Labor / Employment, Tax, Trade, Privacy, Data Transparency
- Understand and evaluate potential business impact of policy proposals by coordinating and gathering insights from other departments (MA, Commercial, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, etc)
- Develop NNI’s policy positions, in line with Enterprise Strategy
- Clearly communicate with federal agencies on NNI’s positions
- Educate and enable broader Market Access and Public Affairs Teams, and other NNI colleauges, on policy positions
- Build and maintain strategic networks of relationships internally (locally and globally)
- Coordinate and communicate proactively with internal stakeholders to effectively collaborate and inform
- Lead internal colleagues on specific policy initiatives identified by NNI Executive Team
10-20% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of policy development, advocacy, government affairs or other relevant experience required. Advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare industry experience and knowledge of NNI’s therapeutic areas and marketplace preferred
- Strong executive presence and communication/presentation skills that engage senior leaders among internal and external audiences
- Proven track record of effective strategic planning, execution and follow up
- Previous experience working in a matrixed organizational structure
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job posted: 2023-05-24