Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director, Public Affairs, U.S.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Associate Director, Public Affairs, U.S. is accountable for assisting in the development and implementation of government relations strategies to advance policies that support BD’s business objectives, drive innovation and ensure patient access to medical technology.
Associate Director, Public Affairs, U.S. will beresponsible for elevating BD’s profile with policymakers, advancing policy priorities, and interpreting the external policy and political environment to manage risks and identify opportunities for growth. In addition, this position plays a key role in BD’s participation in industry trade associations and with other external stakeholders.
- Identify policy issues of importance to BD that require federal advocacy and facilitate the development of BD policy positions with internal stakeholders
- Work with BD business units and Public Affairs colleagues to develop advocacy strategies
- Represent BD before policymakers and stakeholder groups (trade associations, coalitions) to support policy proposals that align with BD’s interests
- Raise awareness of BD’s efforts to advance the world of health with policymakers
- Collaborate across the Public Affairs team to advance BD’s policy priorities through the legislative and/or regulatory process
- Raise internal awareness of, and engagement in, Public Affairs activities by leveraging a variety of internal communications channels and participation in Associate Resource Groups (ARGs)
- 6 years of experience in government relations and public policy including but not limited to corporate government affairs or trade association positions
- Familiarity with healthcare policy and life sciences issues
- Capitol Hill or federal agency experience strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of the federal legislative and regulatory process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with a range of communication tools including social media
- Ability to develop relationships with policymakers and stakeholders
- BA in Political Science or related field
For many roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/#joinbd#LI-PRO
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-21