Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen’s fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students’ success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we’d love to talk!
Galen College of Nursing is looking for an Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance to provide leadership in the areas of regulatory compliance, policy and procedure development and interpretation, and policy compliance. The Associate Director will also assist in providing oversight for the risk management and Section 504/Title IX disability and accommodations services for the College.
- Provide leadership in assuring programs at all campuses meet applicable accreditation, state board of nursing, and state board of education standards and criteria.
- Maintain consistent, up-to-date knowledge of all accrediting and regulatory agency standards and institutional policies and procedures.
- Research and interpret institutional and regulatory policies and procedures. Provide policy recommendations for the College based on best practices in higher education, internal findings, and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of institutional and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with state, federal, and accrediting agencies.
- Prepare, review, and edit materials required for accreditation applications and site visits.
- Manage and attend campus visits from regulatory agencies. Provide guidance and work closely with staff to design and develop an electronic exhibit room, and materials for accreditation off-site and on-site review.
- Identify and implement strategies for improvement and consistency related to accreditation.
- Chair and/or participate in appropriate accreditation committee meetings and monitor and report on committee activities.
- Monitor information from accrediting agencies and disseminate timely updates to appropriate deans, program directors, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders. Provide updates on regulatory changes to Executive Management, advising and developing guidance for policy adherence.
- Develop and lead training programs to improve compliance with policies and regulations.
- Audit campus and department compliance with Galen, accreditor, and regulatory agency policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
- Identify potential and existing areas of vulnerability and risk within the institution and recommend corrective actions for resolution. Report areas of concern or non-compliance.
- Coordinate updates to all institutional publications, including the College website and Student Catalog, securing legal counsel review where appropriate, and review all published materials for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Review and investigate complaints or concerns reported through the Grievance Procedure, 504 Title IX Complaints, or external agencies.
- Monitor local, regional, and national publications for news and events that may impact the College.
- All other duties related to ensuring accreditations are achieved as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of compliance, regulatory or accreditation experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Must possess decisiveness, confidence, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills demonstrated at all organizational levels.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, analytical abilities with high attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and organize projects to meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel to support institutional efforts at each campus.
Special Qualifications: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Must be highly organized with ability to work in a team environment, multitask and prioritize projects. Must have an ability to respect at all times the confidential nature of the work and information in the Executive’s office.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students’ success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Baccalaureate and Associate Degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-28