Associate Director, Scientific Engagement & Digital Communications – Oncology
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world’s most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
Associate Director Scientific Engagement and Digital Communications
The Scientific Engagement and Digital Communications lead role is a fully integrated strategic partner in the DMTs (Disease Medical Teams) and collaborates across US Oncology Medical Affairs. This role is accountable for providing strategic direction for external scientific engagement including Medical Societies, Patients Advocacy Groups, Thought Leaders as well as strategic conference management, US digital strategy and execution. The role accountability also include scientific content creation for external communications to various audiences that are aligned with Global and U.S. prioritization.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Leads the development and implementation of strategy for medical society engagement, patient advocacy group (PAG) engagement and HCP engagement planning.
- Leads the development of digital communication strategy including Eisai’s medical websites, social media presence, and virtual engagement tools with key stakeholders in in the US.
- Leads development of digital content and engagement (as needed) of HCPs, patients, and caregivers.
- Provides strategic input into the DMTs and to the cross-functional brand planning activities
- Contributes to the development of digital publication and communication strategies and execution in the US.
- Contributes to the development of medical launch readiness strategies and tactics including scientific platforms, patient journey, situational and competitor analysis, digital engagement and communication tactics.
- Partner with external medical societies, external medical centers of excellence, and internal stakeholders to identify and support collaboration opportunities to enhance our scientific communication and engagement model. Specifically, will partner closely with Medical Affairs leadership team, Clinical Development, Publications, IT,
- Leads the development and implementation of framework for Thought Leader Engagement Planning
- Supports key activities related to Eisai’s digital approach/presence for Strategic Conference Management for key U.S. meetings (i.e., AACR, ASCO, ASH and SABCS) and select key regional based U.S. congresses
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, MD or MS).
- 5 years minimum experience in digital health within Pharma/Biotech or similar experience on the vendor side, technology or agency
- Demonstrated significant knowledge on leveraging digital platforms for delivering scientific contents and generating actionable insights
- Demonstrated cross functional collaboration skills
- Oncology experience preferred
- Proficient level of understanding in drug development process, pharmaceutical business, including R & D process & objectives.
- Substantial expertise in scientific communication strategy and medical education activities.
- Demonstrate ability to drive and implement strategy in own area and work closely with other areas of the business to maximize success of medical activities.
- Demonstrate ability to lead strategic publication planning, development of medical education materials and programs that support product launches.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, interpret and analyze data and develop communications to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate ability to engage a variety of functional teams by significantly contributing to strategy and influencing beyond function.
- Demonstrate ability to understand organizational structure and manage relationships with scientific and non-scientific demands.
- Demonstrate ability to educate organization on emerging trends and policies that may significantly impact external scientific communication of medical content
- Demonstrate ability to effectively analyze data and information that can be shared as metrics, insights and inform functional productivity.
- Strong project management and budget management experience
- Operate responsibly to ensure high quality and compliance.
TRAVEL AND LOCATION
- Travel requirements 20%
- This position could be remotely based. The incumbent would have to be in Woodcliff Lake, NJ as needed.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-18