Associate Director of State Government Affairs
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman! We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress.
At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
It’s going to be an exciting future—come be a part of it!
The Associate Director of State Government Affairs will provide direction and the coordination of State Policy and Government Affairs initiatives and advocacy related to Organon’s U.S. business interests. Direct responsibility for state policy and advocacy in key Organon states in the central United States. Providing analysis and support for the leadership of US Policy and Govt Relations, Global External Affairs, and the Organon U.S. commercial organization.
CAN BE 100% REMOTELY BASED – MUST BE located in a Central US location
TEXAS – ILLINOIS – GEORGIA
Responsibilities also include the advancement of Organon’s relationships with key external stakeholders (both governmental and non-governmental) that influence public policy, provide counsel about possible courses of action, and identify key external engagement opportunities on policy. Provide direction and perspective for Organon’s political programs (PAC and grassroots) and collaborate with Federal Policy, Global Policy, and Communications in furtherance of Organon’s Environmental, Societal, and Governance (ESG) related initiatives.
CAN BE 100% REMOTELY BASED – Central US location preferred.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- As part of the U.S. Policy and Government Affairs and Global Regulatory Policy Leadership Team, will implement public policy positions and advocacy strategy consistent with the company’s business and public policy objectives.
- Responsible for managing state government advocacy activities covering states in the central region of the U.S.
- Individual responsibility to represent Organon in key states and additional regional states to be determined.
- Manage interaction with state public officials, including legislative and executive branch officials and staff, as well as relevant external stakeholders.
- Partner with the Organon U.S. Federal Relations, Global Communications, Legal, and other internal stakeholders on issues requiring coordinated input.
- Manage external consultants and policy development projects.
- Ensure the company’s lobbying and campaign contributions are compliant with all state agencies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Represent Organon in external-facing roles, including trade associations, third-party organizations, and other situations, as needed.
Education Minimum Requirements:
- BS/BA required. Master’s or graduate degree in a field related to health care policy preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in State Government Affairs and/or State Policy role in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- At least 7 years of experience in managing U.S. state government affairs issues and activities related to health care policy in multiple states, including legislative advocacy.
- Demonstrated experience to develop and execute public policy and state legislative strategy.
- Experience in analyzing state legislation.
- Proven ability to build relationships with high-level executives in healthcare and/or in state government.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
CENTRAL US. Location only
Texas, Georgia, Illinois preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please either go to:
Jobs.organon.com and view Job #R503036
Or use below link:
Job posted: 2021-09-15