Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director, Strategic Industry Engagement
As the leading advocate for the real estate finance industry, MBA is committed to providing our members with unmatched value and unparalleled benefits. In doing so, we recognize that our most valuable resource is our employees. MBA prides itself on sourcing top talent from all fields and is committed to investing in a culture where communication is essential, diverse voices are encouraged, and embraces inclusion for all.
- Competitive salary and benefit packages
- A culture committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Hybrid work schedule (2-3 days in office) that supports work-life balance
- Professional development opportunities
If you are looking for a career-defining opportunity, share similar values, and are ready to make a difference in the real estate finance industry, look no further. Apply today!
The Associate Director will collaborate in the development and implementation of MBA’s strategy on member engagement for MBA’s Residential Policy and Strategic Industry Engagement (RPSIE) team. The incumbent’s primary focus will be to assist MBA’s Vice President of Strategic Industry Engagement in managing the following association member groups: independent mortgage bankers, community banks, credit unions, warehouse lenders, and wholesale lenders.
Generally, the position will include working with the Vice President of RPSIE to 1) develop and implement a strategic plan to ensure that association members are routinely informed of MBA’s advocacy positions; 2) curate information from across the MBA value platform to create opportunities for members to meaningfully engage in the association to help develop and provide feedback on MBA policy positions; and 3) create opportunities to obtain feedback from members on mortgage policy and business issues.
Working closely with MBA staff, members, and mortgage banking experts, the incumbent also will help manage MBA segment groups, special projects, and miscellaneous assignments in the Residential Policy and Strategic Industry Engagement arena as directed by Group leadership.
As necessary, the incumbent may assist in advocating MBA positions with appropriate policymakers and representatives from a wide variety of real estate, financial services, and other organizations. Advocacy work may include helping to prepare policy/advocacy materials and participate in certain policy briefings and discussions.
Candidates should possess the following skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree;
- Three or more years of professional experience ideally in mortgage banking or the financial services industry, and trade association and/or government oversight of the industry;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to think and act strategically and creatively.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation ability.
- Ability to operate successfully in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility when approaching complex situations.
- Desire to improve processes, take initiative and create solutions.
- PMP certification, a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Connect
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
All MBA employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-17