We have an immediate opening for an Associate Director to join our Health Care Policy practice in our Washington, DC office.
Our team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape health policy. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades and our clients have included leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, provider societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers and medical device makers.
- Managing a portfolio of client projects
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, manage the staff assigned to your projects, and be responsible for creating and adhering to project budgets
- Ability to provide strategic counsel to clients and project teams on complex health policy issues
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 6-8 years of relevant experience that includes health policy, advocacy and health communications
- Prior work on Capitol Hill, a trade association, think tank and/or health policy firm preferred
- Strong understanding of health policy issues and the legislative/regulatory process, and how to reach and influence key stakeholders
- Solid project management and budgeting experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong presentation skills are also necessary
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients’ work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Public Affairs Agency of the Year” 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply online at http://www.apcoworldwide.com/
Job Posted: September 9, 2017