Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate, Energy and Sustainability Communications
Signal Group is seeking a communications associate with public relations skills, a desire to grow, and a creative mind to support our clients in renewable energy and sustainability.
We are in search of an associate that will conduct regular interaction with journalists in a variety of markets and routine client contact, excel at research, analysis, and writing, develop materials to support campaigns across multiple channels, and track project metrics and progress.
The Model Candidate:
- You are a bright, engaging self-starter who thrives on collaborating with others
- You’re not waiting for direction, but rather seeking for solutions before being asked or prompted
- Consistently seek new learning experiences as part of knowledge building
- Can flawlessly execute the day-to-day work while seeking out opportunities to contribute and grow professionally
- Have an impeccable understanding of AP style, are detail-oriented, diligent with each task and can work on multiple initiatives under strict deadlines
- 1+ years of PR agency, in-house, or government communications experience
- Have strong oral and written communication skills, particularly under deadline pressure
- Use research to form insights for client programs and growth opportunities
- Are technology savvy with an understanding of social media, the Microsoft suite and additional tools for the field such as Meltwater, Google Analytics and TV Eyes
- Experience with pitching, reporter engagement, and media monitoring
- Experience developing social media content and press materials
Signal Group is a leader in modern public affairs. We deliver strategies and solutions driven by strategic advocacy, communications, and digital programs. Advising clients across the globe, including industry-leading companies, CEOs, governments, and non-profits, Signal offers tailored strategies for solving high-stakes challenges. We are a unique collection of top practitioners from our fields focused on delivering transformative outcomes for our client partners. We believe in supporting the growth of our team in a collaborative environment with opportunities for advancement.
Signal’s office is now open, and employees may work remotely; however, this position is based in the Washington, D.C. area.
We believe in supporting our team and offer a generous salary and benefits package. This position starts at $45,000 and the salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits and perks include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, and membership to OneMedical
- Time off including generous vacation, holidays, sick time, and winter holiday closure
- Paid parental leave and bereavement leave
- 401(k) with an employer contribution
- Annual bonus opportunity and commission for business generation
- Company cell phone or stipend for cellular service
- Public transportation benefits
- Free lunch Thursday (FLT), birthday donations to a charity of your choice, and more.
Employees are required to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation to receive the COVID-19 vaccination based on medical need or for religious reasons.
Signal Group is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Signal does not discriminate in hiring, or in any other respect, on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, disability, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Job posted: 2022-04-21