Associate Manager, Global Digital & Social Media Communication
As an essential member of the high-performing Global Public Affairs & Communication team, the Digital & Social Media Communications Associate Manager has a critical role in the development of creative, data-driven, branded content, for execution across SCJ’s corporate digital channels to continue to earn trust with key SCJ stakeholders and build affinity with target online/social audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curates organic and paid content and supports the development and implementation of strategy across SCJ’s corporate digital ecosystem, including corporate websites and social media channels.
- Enhance SCJ’s corporate digital storytelling, reputational management, and amplification strategy.
- Serve as subject matter expert and provide strategic counsel on corporate digital strategy (editorial content calendar, creative branded content mix, utilization of analytics/data)
- Actively engage in the monitoring and management of the social media platform, including development of listening, reporting and engagement policies.
- Analyze key performance indicators to provide communications insights, informing Public Affairs team of trends and best practices
- Support development of and help maintain social media protocol. Update materials annually and train Agency social media community managers on established social media protocol designed to ensure corporate reputation is considered during each and every social media interaction.
- Provide crisis support on crisis management needs, as appropriate
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal cross-functional partners including Global Marketing, HR, IT, Government Affairs, and Agency partners
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through personal training and development
- Engage and perform duties for special Corporate Reputation Initiatives projects as assigned
- Reports to Global Digital Director.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in communications, marketing, public relations, marketing, or related field)
- Minimum of 3 years communication experience in corporate, government, PR agency
- Experience in corporate, digital, social media, marketing or public relations environment that includes direct responsibility for web and social media strategy development and execution strategies
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills — working knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Ability to function effectively in a demanding, fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Knowledge of graphic design and production
- In-depth knowledge of social media and digital platforms (websites)
- Have a thorough understanding of corporate communications and public relations experience
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Able to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience, knowledge of online/social media
- High level of professional integrity and discretion
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-02