Associate or Manager of Government Affairs
We are seeking an Associate or Manager of Government Affairs to help develop and advance the policy goals of SIA and our member companies.
- Monitoring and analysis of policy developments, including timely and effective information and analysis to member companies.
- Assisting in the coordination of industry positions on policy matters and in the implementation the industry’s strategic and tactical advocacy before Congress and relevant federal departments and agencies.
- Assisting in the development of written materials for policy advocacy purposes, such as whitepapers, policy positions, PowerPoint presentations, and other relevant materials.
- Undergraduate degree (BA or BS) is required; a graduate degree is strongly preferred. Strong familiarity with science- and technology-related policy issues.
- 1-4 years of policy analysis, government relations, or other relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of the policy and political landscape and the federal legislative and regulatory process, particularly as it pertains to semiconductor policies, programs and appropriations.
- Ability to work in international, diverse, and cross-cultural environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in the technology industry, especially semiconductors.
- This position is located in Washington D.C. (temporarily work-from-home due to COVID-19)
- Requires some domestic and international travel.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-07-05