Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Manager, North America Government Relations
Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture’s or our clients’ business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
- Monitor, analyze, and report key political and legislative proceedings and developments to senior Accenture executives with a focus on impacts to the company’s business.
- Utilize strong writing skills to develop internal communications materials, including reports and presentations, tracking government relations activities and accomplishments, for distribution to internal clients and corporate leadership. Writing samples requested.
- Research and draft comprehensive and concise political and policy updates, issue papers, one pagers, and other collateral for distribution to our government relations team, internal clients, and corporate leadership, as well as for potential use for Capitol Hill, Administration, and other external audiences.
- Support Government Relation Team’s work with outside consultants to coordinate and collect inputs on various projects.
- Spot issues and disseminate timely information to the government relations team.
- Provide organizational support to track ongoing issues, progress reports, keep files organized and team informed of relevant resources. Assist compliance tracking and reporting.
- Serve as a policy analyst on a wide range of issues, including emerging technology, privacy, cybersecurity, workforce development, immigration, intellectual property, tax policy and others.
- Coordinate and attend meetings on behalf of Accenture Government Relations with federal policymakers, external stakeholders, and others.
- Develop relationships with counterparts at other companies, think tanks, trade associations, policymakers and other relevant senior government officials.
- Advocate on behalf of the company before policymakers, as well as other government officials, regulators, stakeholder organizations, trade associations, and think tanks.
- Work collaboratively with global government relations team to identify & create opportunities that advance shared priorities and objectives.
- Other responsibilities as requested.
Senior Manager, North American Government Relations – Public Affairs
- External lobbyists
- Trade associations
- Think Tanks
- Outside ethics counsel
- No Travel required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a public policy (legislative, regulatory, policy, or corporate) with familiarity in federal/state legislative processes, government agencies, and relevant third party stakeholders and associations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to identify, research, analyze policy and political developments
- Strong ability to effectively communicate updates to Government Relations’ leadership in writing (including Powerpoint).
- Strong speaking and presentation skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Reputation for having the highest ethical standards and integrity
- Understanding of business offerings of operating groups and service lines as well as company’s clients
- Proven ability to organize, manage and deliver on metrics of major projects on a deadline and within a budget
- Agility and wiliness to learn
- Strong written communications skills
- Strong team building and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $97,632 – $161,200 and information on benefits offered is here.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job posted: 2022-07-19