Associate, Marketing and Communications
ebuilding Together, a national housing and community revitalization nonprofit with more than 120 affiliates around the country, is seeking a Marketing and Communications Associate. This position, based in Washington, D.C., and able to work remotely, reports directly to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications.
The Associate will join a team that is growing and changing every day and should come with fresh ideas to be part of the process. While some duties of this role are routine in nature, there are also many opportunities for innovation and creativity. Flexibility and being a team player are keys to success in this position. As a member of the communications and marketing team, the Associate will support the funders communications strategy to enhance and strengthen the storytelling and partnerships of the organization.
Corporate Partnership Support:
- Work alongside the marketing and communications team to develop brand awareness campaigns supporting corporate partnerships.
- Work with the development team to execute against corporate partners marketing deliverables and support in the creation of marketing content.
- Work closely with the programs and partnerships team to gather information on upcoming affiliate projects and initiatives.
- Draft and review public relations materials including press releases, media advisories, blog posts and toolkits.
- Draft and develop social media content.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting of marketing campaigns.
- Support the marketing and communications team with external communications deliverables.
Individual Giving Storytelling:
- Work with Rebuilding Together affiliates to gather and develop stories showcasing local impact in communities.
- Gather and develop stories showcasing donor impact.
- Work with Individual Giving Manager to draft and schedule email and direct mail appeals.
- Create donor stewardship materials and support mailing and gift acknowledgment logistics.
Other Duties as Assigned
· Degree in marketing, communications, English, public/media relations or related field with a minimum of one year of relevant experience, and/or equivalent combination of education and internship experience
- Interest in working in the non-profit sector or in fields related to Rebuilding Together’s mission
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop online and print materials for a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with social media trends and platforms (especially Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube)
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Ads preferred
- Experience with Mailchimp and OptinMonster preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva preferred
- Knowledge of media monitoring software and media databases preferred
- Experience with Drupal a plus
- Requires ability to work some evenings, weekends, and travel domestically when safe to do so.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume, two writing samples, and cover letter with salary requirements.
Job posted: 2021-05-03