Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate, Policy Communications
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for a New York City or Chicago-based associate to join our communications & government relations team. You will support our media relations and communications strategy related to policy, regulation and government relations matters. You will work with our manager, policy communications and director, corporate communications to proactively and reactively reinforce Grubhub’s reputation and position in the food delivery industry.
The Impact You Will Make
- Support proactive and reactive communications and media relations strategies to support our government and public affairs efforts.
- Develop messaging and materials for use with media and elected officials, including releases, statements, op-eds and more.
- Consult on social media strategy and develop content in partnership with the government relations and brand reputation teams.
- Build relationships with reporters to lead positive media coverage.
What You Bring to the Table
- 2-3 years of communications experience in an agency, government office, political campaign, or similar environment.
- Track record of pitching and placing print and broadcast stories.
- Superior writing and copy editing skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally to build compelling story angles that resonate with media across different categories and disciplines.
- An understanding of using social media channels, especially Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ability to handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience working directly with New York City and/or Chicago media.
- Love for the food and restaurant industries.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You’ll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Fund. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: “2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-16