Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate, Policy & Government Affairs
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking an Associate, Policy and Government Affairs. This position reports to the Vice President of Policy and Government Affairs within the Commercial Organization.
- Monitor US and global landscape for policy/political developments with potential impact to Novavax.
- Research policies (legislative and regulatory) and summarize for internal stakeholders.
- Draft memos and create PowerPoint presentations on key issues for Policy and Government Affairs Team.
- Draft comment letters and other materials in support of Novavax policy positions.
- Cover Congressional and Parliamentary hearings and other government briefings/meetings.
- Participate in external organizations and trade associations engaged in public policy and government affairs activities as needed.
- Coordinate a range of activities for the Policy and Government Affairs Team, including meetings, events, project management, and cross-functional engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: degree in political science, international affairs, healthcare policy, business, health sciences or any other related field
- 2+ years of work experience
- Detail-oriented approach to execution
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel programs
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-10