Associate, Political Programs
Want to work for a great Organization? The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
ABA is seeking an Associate, Political Programs who will assist with the daily operations of ABA’s political program to include a $4M/cycle political action committee and a seven figure voter education effort. Incumbent will be responsible for donor maintenance, maintaining two flawless distinct databases of record, incoming receipts and outgoing investments, management of web presence and other administrative tasks.
· Work in close coordination with National Political Director and VP, Senior Director BankPac and Director Voter Education on all political efforts; liaising with state banking associations and ABA members as appropriate.
· Coordinate daily management of PAC database with outsourcing vendor, maintaining a flawless and accurate database of record; maintain hard copy PAC files per FEC regulations.
· Assist with daily management of voter education CRM as appropriate.
· Manage incoming receipts from a variety of mechanisms across programs, acknowledging and processing receipts promptly; manage thank you note process.
· Maintain data for BankPac Leadership Levels and assist in recognition efforts for both programs.
· Assist with distributing PAC checks for delivery and monitoring outstanding checks.
· Support for PAC disbursement budget maintenance.
· Manage political program web presence.
· Coordinate efforts to create and maintain fundraising collateral and materials across programs; supervise mailings and other fundraising distributions.
· Assist with ongoing management of the National BankPac Committee, Voter Education Advisory Council; meeting planning; scheduling and compliance requests as necessary.
· Work to advance political and advocacy goals of the American Bankers Association.
A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a political or congressional relations environment (Capitol Hill, campaign, PAC).
· 4-year degree.
· Ability to manage multiple personalities and priorities, internal and external customers.
· Scheduling and meeting planning experience.
· Good judgement, willingness to learn and strong listening skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Trade association experience.
· Proficiency with Aristotle 360 PAC compliance database and CMDI customer relationship management database.
Job posted: 2021-02-28