Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Public Relations & Influencer Manager – Axe
Background & Purpose of the Job
We are searching for a purveyor of Gen Z culture to manage PR and influencer marketing for Axe in the US. Someone who is constantly curious about all things streetwear, music, sports, and entertainment and can work to embed our brands in culture. You have strong media relationships with outlets like Complex, Hypebeast, Highsnobiety, understand the evolving US media landscape and what it takes to build a compelling and breakthrough narrative.
This role will be career defining, you will get to work alongside the best marketing and PR experts in the business. You’ll contribute to unmissable and award winning integrated campaigns leveraging public relations to tell superior product stories.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You will be the AXE Global Communications Manager reporting to the Global PR lead based in London with a dotted line into the Head of PR for the US business.
- You will be the resident PR expert for the Axe brand in the US, serving as a trusted communications strategist managing strategic and executional excellence for our public relations efforts.
- Support the creation of the annual local US PR strategy with US based Axe team and supporting Global Axe PR lead
- Collaborate with Unilever’s US Head of PR and collaborate with US local market team
- Work closely with the global and local corporate comms to ensure we are sharing our news on all internal channels
- Work with US and global brand teams to deliver outstanding and innovative brand PR programs driven by effective and actionable briefs. Programs will work to maximize brand power and align with the brand and Business Unit objectives and priorities.
- Build and nurture relationships with media contacts and key influencers.
- Coordinate Axe brand participation in US cross brand activities and events.
- Work with US PC influencer marketing lead to track and optimize influencer marketing approach for the US for the long term inclusive of competitive benchmarking
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years experience in public relations, brand communications (agency or in-house)
- Experience with a globally matrixed organization and working as part of virtual teams across geographical, cultural and time differences
- Experience managing agencies, and talent.
- You’re creative, innovative and a strong operational leader. Partners seek your counsel and describe you as a someone who challenges the status quo and is a pleasure to work with.
- You are strategic and collaborative, driving innovative thinking that pushes our agencies and brands to maximize opportunities and impact.
- Experience managing multiple programs and campaigns and ability to convert this work into results.
- A strong eye for and love of culture, especially Gen Z and experience driving coverage and talkability in culture.
- Earned authentic influencer marketing experience is valuable
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-16