Associate, Public Relations and Social Media
Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. We’re always on the hunt for curious, passionate, and innovative thinkers to join our team, to help us do what we do better. If that’s you, please read on.
Smile Train is an international nonprofit headquartered in New York. Our mission is to transform the life of every person impacted by cleft lip and palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
We are looking for a PR + Social Media Associate to join the Public Relations team. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Public Relations and support Smile Train’s global PR and social media initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a public relations professional to assist in the creation, editing, and writing of relevant, high-quality content for all of Smile Train’s global channels. The PR + Social Media Associate will help with managing Smile Train’s global and regional social accounts, while also designing and implementing PR social media strategies to align with Smile Train organizational goals.
This is a full-time staff position based at our headquarters in New York City, starting as soon as possible. If you are interested, please read more below.
- Support global PR initiatives through asset development and coordinate with Smile Train’s global PR agencies on strategy and tactic deployment.
- Work with the PR team and other internal departments to promote campaigns and PR initiatives via social media.
- Collaborate with regional managers, digital, and creative teams to gather and strategically promote content from the field.
- Create, plan, and implement various content streams on our global social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to garner likes, impressions, engagement, and donations.
- Manage daily social media activity by engaging with social media comments and responding to incoming messages and cleft inquiries.
- Manage reporting and tracking of media mentions, social channels, engagement, and follower figures.
- Develop content for Smile Train’s Germany’s Facebook page, and oversee social media initiatives for Smile Train’s regional social accounts (Africa, Brazil, LATAM, India, Indonesia, MENA/Dubai, Philippines, United Kingdom).
- Assist in the organization and execution of PR events, campaigns, and releases.
- Work with the PR team and Smile Train’s external agency to onboard and thoughtfully engage global ambassadors and celebrity supporters for timely social media campaigns.
Our ideal candidate has/is
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, such as public relations or communications.
- 2+ years relevant experience. Experience in public relations and social media strongly preferred.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Project and time management skills with high attention to detail.
- Outgoing and engaging personality.
Smile Train is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Job posted: 2021-06-02