Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Social Media Manager
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen. Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect.
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results.
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible.
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Associate Social Media Manager will be responsible for leading the organization’s overall social media engagement including growing social media followers, translating the Partnership’s programs and thought leadership into shareable social media content, and using analytics to evaluate and evolve the organization’s digital efforts. This position will work with the Senior Communication Manager to develop the organization’s social media strategy.
The Associate Social Media Manager will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of graphic design, marketing, editorial, media, and events staff, and as a result should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas. This position could assist the team with writing tasks, including drafting blogs, e-newsletters, event invitations, web content and other forms of written communication, as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft original content for social media platforms (including original text, images, video and code) that garners high engagement and represents the voice and brand of the Partnership for Public Service.
- Working with the Senior Communications Manager, develop, implement and manage the organization’s social media strategy.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns.
- Successfully execute livestreaming events on social media (e.g., Facebook Live, Instagram, LinkedIn Live), work with the programs team to develop content, and create a playbook for how to replicate in various circumstances.
- Assist with areas of video production work by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on short-form video production.
- Identify compelling Partnership for Public Service moments in real time and share them effectively on social media platforms (e.g., live tweeting, Instagram stories).
- Identify and engage in trending topics and social media moments relevant to the Partnership’s mission with the goal of reaching new audiences and being a part of the conversation.
- Create toolkits to make it easy for internal and external stakeholders to amplify Partnership for Public Service content.
- Evaluate new media channels and establish a presence on any deemed worthy.
- Monitor, analyze and report on social media analytics, then use that information to refine future campaigns.
- A proven track record of driving creative content and growing audiences for nonprofits, campaigns or corporations.
- Familiarity with trends and innovations in social and digital media.
- The ability to write creatively, clearly and compellingly for social media audiences.
- An eye for detail, impeccable grammar and concise messaging.
- Equipped to handle multiple projects at once, and operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Familiarity with analytics tools and methods for measuring success through data.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in.
- Commitment to the values of public service; the mission of the Partnership for Public Service; and diversity, equity and inclusion.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of professional experience in social media or digital communications.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Familiarity with HubSpot a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Marketing Manager. This position may supervise interns.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC, and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, Partnership staff are currently working remotely and the incumbent in this position may have the option to remain fully remote.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required as well. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, the Partnership is allowing flexibility in work schedules.
If travel occurs, it is usually local to Washington, DC and during the business day. Some out-of-state and/or overnight travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of vacation leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Effective October 15, 2021, all Partnership employees, regardless of position or physical location, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. A simple unnotarized copy of the official vaccination card or a notarized COVID-19 Vaccination Form attesting to full vaccination must be provided to the Vice President of Human Resources, prior to October 15, 2021. For new employees starting work with the Partnership on or after October 1, 2021, the documentation must be provided within two weeks after the start date.
If you believe you qualify for an exception from the requirements of this policy, for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, you must provide a letter (on letterhead) from your doctor or clergy to the Vice President of Human Resources by the above deadline. The Partnership will explore potential reasonable accommodations for you that would not cause undue hardship to the Partnership. However, such reasonable accommodations are not required and cannot be guaranteed.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-22