Associate State Regulatory Affairs Analyst
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Under the direction of the Regulatory Affairs Director, the State Regulatory Affairs Analyst will monitor and ensure compliance with state regulatory requirements by building and maintaining a regulatory guidance infrastructure (including creating and updating of databases and tracking logs). The State Regulatory Affairs Specialist is
responsible for logging monitoring the implementation of new or updated State regulatory guidance; submission and tracking business materials needing external and internal approval; intaking, logging, and tracking responses to State audits and surveys.
- Monitor and log new laws, regulations and guidance applicable to specified business units.
- Submit and maintain tracking of materials sent to external regulatory agencies.
- Assist with external regulatory audits and regulatory reporting.
- Support other regulatory compliance related activities as needed.
- Assists in the gathering of data for the updating of materials for the Compliance Committee and
- the Audit and Compliance Subcommittee of the Board of Directors
- Collaborates with Compliance team on the Annual Risk Assessment and Work Plan.
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years equivalent Regulatory Affairs work experience; may substitute experience in other Managed Care operational departments or relevant education (JD, Masters,
- etc.). Experience with State Exchange products strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience in a position requiring independent judgment and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, problem solve and use appropriate technology to analyze
- business problems. Project management skills a plus.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Strong Written/Oral Communication
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-08