Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate, Strategic Communications, Editorial
The Strategic Communications team advances the Clean Energy Buyers Alliance consortium of brands – the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA) and the Clean Energy Buyers Institute (CEBI) – to achieve its 2030 aspiration of a 90% carbon-free U.S. electricity system and global community of clean energy customers.
A successful Associate or Senior Associate will create compelling narratives to build brand recognition for the organization and its program-level priorities, implement editorial standards and guidelines across resources, and support management of the editorial calendar. In this position, you will be an independent contributor with strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills under the direction of senior staff.
- Propose and develop compelling key messages to support organizational narrative and advance core program priorities
- Implement editorial and brand standards across all products and collateral
- Create structures to effectively forecast and advise on communications needs
- Develop guidance tools to educate staff on editorial and brand standards, editorial processes, and strategic positioning opportunities
- Collect and analyze metrics to measure effectiveness of communications products and advise on data-based improvements
- Create bold collateral to build brand awareness, including PowerPoint presentations, one-pagers, graphics, blogs, and web copy for programs
- Establish process to balance internal development of visual storytelling components and contractor support
- Maintain a shared knowledge repository of processes and best practices for staff awareness and contingency planning
- Assist with coordination and creation of quarterly leadership reports designed to illustrate effectiveness and business impact of resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree and 2-5 + years’ experience or undergraduate degree and 5-7+ years’ experience or more professional experience may substitute for degrees
- Strategic communications, editorial, or public relations experience, preferably in a trade association, agency, clean energy company or corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop impact-oriented, brand building content to further organizational goals and priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with the ability to lead development of bold narratives complimenting organizational messaging.
- Strong project management skills including ability to handle multiple projects with varied timelines using consistent templates.
- Self-motivated and dynamic workstyle
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and CEBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood.
To be considered for this opportunity, please provide a resume and cover letter.
About Clean Energy Buyers Alliance
Together, the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA) and the Clean Energy Buyers Institute (CEBI) form the Clean Energy Buyers Alliance, and share a collective vision of customer-driven clean energy for all. The Alliance is an inclusive community of energy customers, clean energy providers, service providers, NGOs, philanthropies, and clean energy thought-leaders. Our aspiration is to achieve a 90% carbon-free U.S. electricity system by 2030 and to cultivate a global community of energy customers driving clean energy.
The Clean Energy Buyers Association is a business association with a mission to activate a community of energy customers and partners to deploy market and policy solutions for a carbon-free energy system. The Clean Energy Buyers Institute is a public benefit charity with a mission dedicated to solving the toughest market and policy barriers to achieving a carbon-free energy system.
Our guiding values and tenets are: we value respect in our treatment of people and the planet; integrity in how we conduct ourselves; service to our mission, stakeholders, and colleagues; and excellence in our programs and work. The core tenets that CEBA strives to foster include: Mission oriented, grounded by strategy, a spirit of partnership inside and outside of CEBA and innovation and entrepreneurship through healthy and respectful discord. We know that diversity is critical to realizing our vision of customer-driven clean energy for all because innovative solutions come from great minds who do not think alike.
Our Salary and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. CEBA also offers eligibility to participate in our annual bonus/ incentive plan based on both organizational and individual performance. CEBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in CEBA’s success.
CEBA strives for salary equity based on the job, and the candidate’s experience, skills, education, and (once hired) performance at CEBA—not based on a candidate’s negotiation skills, gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other non-skills-based attributes.
Benefits We Offer You:
- Highly Flexible PTO
- Re-charge Friday, once a month to encourage work life integration
- Annual L&D Stipend to spend at your learning leisure
- Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy, including domestic partners
- 401(k), with employer match
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Parental and Guardianship Leave
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment, with flexible hours
- Earned sabbatical policy
- Employee Assistance Program
At CEBA You Belong
Our members come from all walks of life and so do we. Our commitment to a zero-carbon energy system is for everyone and so too is our workplace.
CEBA is committed to maintaining a workplace where all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at CEBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All CEBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems are fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. CEBA is committed to being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases so we can counteract them.
Achieving CEBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; CEBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
CEBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-27