Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Strategy Counsel, Regulatory Response, Investigations and Strategy
- JD degree.
- 3 years of experience with litigation, regulatory, or corporate investigations, including addressing, minimizing, and avoiding regulatory risk.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g. have registered in-house status) in the state in which the position is located.
- Experience engaging with regulators, including States AG, FTC, DOJ, and global data protection or consumer protection authorities.
- Experience developing, evaluating, and maintaining programs that ensure products comply with laws, regulations, and external commitments.
- Experience working with technology companies and the ability to understand complex technical issues.
- Experience working with public company boards and their counsel, including special committees and audit committees.
- Extensive knowledge of the user content regulatory landscape and how those laws and regulations impact internet services.
About the job
Alphabet’s Regulatory Response, Investigations, and Strategy team (ARRIS) addresses high-risk issues (as defined by Alphabet’s Enterprise Risk Management model) that involve regulatory scrutiny, enforcement actions, and other proceedings like shareholder litigation, internal investigations, and data incidents, as well as other emerging risks across Alphabet and globally.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $189,000-$299,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Identify potential or emerging internal and external risks pertaining to the way we build our products.
- Evaluate those risks to determine which are likely to materialize and to identify strategic ways to mitigate them.
- Undertake and strategically manage projects to address risk and increase Alphabet’s resilience to risk.
- Implement programs and procedures to ensure both initial and ongoing product compliance with external commitments and internal policies, and evaluate existing programs and procedures for efficacy.
Job posted: 2022-11-18