Associate Vice President, Client Relations
At DDC we provide public affairs solutions that enable our clients to identify, manage and communicate with their political assets and advocates. Through our unique blend of professional services and technology solutions, we establish rich connections with targeted audiences and empower our clients to build the relationships necessary to win on their public policy campaigns.
About the role:
As an Associate Vice President, you will be responsible for managing DDC’s relationship with our clients. You will oversee the building of long-term relationships with a group of clients for the length of their relationship with DDC. To excel in this exciting role, you’ll have a strong understanding of public affairs, political/grassroots strategy, and the confidence to lead internal teams. You will also have the ability to thrive in a client intensive, campaign style work environment and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead designated client accounts according to defined standard operation procedures
- Serve as primary client relationship manager responsible for aligning client needs with internal operations, day-to-day client communications, strategic counsel, implementation oversight, and reporting
- Manage communications and implementation needs with cross-functional internal teams
- Establish and manage client financials and oversee administrative account needs
- Provide support for new business initiatives and identify growth within book of business
- Strong political background with specific experience recruiting, training, and running a volunteer network or managing political campaigns at the local, state, or federal level
- Strong understanding of financials and budgeting
- Experience in client management preferably in agency environment
- General technical competency, including a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- PAC experience required
About working at DDC:
At DDC, we are committed to ensuring each member of our team is a key contributor, and support that by fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation. In addition to working alongside a team of talented individuals in the heart of Washington, DC, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, 401(k) match, commuter stipend and flexible schedules, professional development opportunities, casual dress and an on-site gym.
DDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ProtectedVet
DDC Public Affairs is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. DDC Public Affairs does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where DDC Public Affairs does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
Job posted: 2019-10-17