Aviation Communications Strategist/Manager
This role is expected to help manage communications and media relations including regular pitching and coordinate and implement a strategic communications strategy. The role reports to the Marketing Director. Onboarding, training, and initial work will be conducted on a remote and virtual basis.
- Unflaggingly positive and professional demeanor
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a communications/PR role, preferably in a B2B aviation environment
- Exceptional oral communication skills
- Ability to adhere to a standard style guide
- Willingness to engage with external parties, potentially serving as the voice of FlightAware over time
- Experience in writing, editing and proofreading content
- Ability to comprehend and communicate technical concepts concisely, ability to translate knowledge into powerful storytelling
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing technology and tools, MS Office
- Understanding of business goals, ability to think strategically and tactically to maximize the value of marketing communications efforts
- Strong project management skills, and willingness to adapt to new project management styles
- Attention to detail and strong organization
- Ability to work within a small team and wear multiple hats
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with other teams across the organization, and deliver services to those teams
- Good energy, good sense of humor, ability and willingness to take constructive feedback, ability to persevere with grace when required
- Manage all incoming media requests and attend to these in a timely manner.
- Handle outbound media advisories and correspondence coming from the same.
- Create and maintain robust social media calendar with an eye to best practices and latest trends.
- Leverage HubSpot for social media calendaring and intelligent data-driven decision making.
- Join social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics and gather intelligence.
- Aviation blog writing, occasionally interviewing SMEs within the company to create content for blog.
- Maintain and grow house media lists in HubSpot.
- In collaboration with, Sales, Product, and Design teams, develop content about our products that resonates with our audiences and drives them to action. Content will be distributed via website copy, sales presentations, videos, brochures, white papers, testimonials, emails, newsletters, social media, digital ads, and more.
- Facilitate development and implementation of media strategy and manage media engagement. Build relationships with media, analysts and influencers that can help the company disseminate its messages. The strategy should encompass all media touchpoints – traditional/earned media, paid, social, and owned media.
- Regularly pitch appropriate opportunities for interviews and articles.
- Document customer use cases and customer success stories and case studies.
- Participate in content generation for new product development (NPD) process.
- Collaborate with sales personnel to develop content for presentations and collateral.
- Assist with the preparation for and management of tradeshows/events as they restart after the pandemic.
- Help coordinate content for webinars, podcasts and how-to videos
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with some college and minimum of three years of job-related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- This position will not have supervisory responsibility initially.
- Minimal travel is expected for this position.
- Salary varies based on experience and background
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses
- Matching 401(k)
- Company-paid employee medical, dental and basic life/AD&D insurance
Additional Application Instructions
It is strongly recommended to include a cover letter describing how your background aligns with the role (i.e. aviation, communications/PR, corporate storytelling/writing experience, etc.).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02