Aviation Policy Analyst
Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Policy Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to use your military pilot/navigator experience helping a team of contractor and government personnel support the Air Staff in developing guidance and providing oversight for the DoD Foreign Clearance Program. This DoD-wide program enables compliance with U.S. Government, foreign government, and civil aviation authority policy, requirements, and procedures for DoD personnel and aircraft when they travel to foreign locations. Opportunity is located at the Pentagon, Virginia and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington DC.
- Provide subject-matter-expertise to Air Force and DoD Component staff and leadership on foreign clearance policy and procedures for DoD military and civil aircraft as well as foreign travel for DoD personnel.
- Participate in U.S. Government inter-agency meetings and policy discussions on foreign clearance requirements, foreign aviation fees, freedom of navigation and foreign access procedures for DoD aircraft and personnel.
- Conduct research and analysis on complex foreign policy issues.
- Maintain currency and accuracy of DoD policy documents and automated workflow systems supporting the Foreign Clearance Program
- Monitor high-interest international travel and diplomatic clearance requests to ensure compliance with established policy and procedures.
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of relevant experience.
- Military aviation experience (pilot or navigator)
- DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret
Preferred Qualifications :
- International military and civil aviation experience.
- Military management headquarters staff experience
- Defense Attaché, Combatant Command, or Department of State staff experience working foreign travel or aircraft diplomatic clearance requests
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-27