AVP Corporate Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility #21-4439
Does this position interest you? You should apply even if you don’t match every single requirement! We’re known as an auto glass company. That’s the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we’re so much more. We’ll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you’ll ever work.
The AVP, Corporate Communications & Corporate Social Responsibility works in close collaboration with the senior leadership team to drive clear, concise and targeted communications across the organization. This position leads the strategic vision, alignment and positioning of internal and external communications for the business, (including senior executive messaging), performance management and talent development, meeting and event creative strategy, and enterprise-wide campaigns. In addition, they are responsible for communication platforms, engagement/culture shaping, content development, project management and leading a team of communication experts. The AVP also serves as the communication liaison to Safelite’s global parent organization, Belron.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive base pay and bonus opportunities.
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days and a belief in work-life balance.
- 401(k) plan with company matching to build your nest-egg.
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- An actual marketplace to meet your health, wealth, life and legal needs –https://www.safelitebenefits.com
What You’ll Do
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of 4 communications professionals in a supportive and highly collaborative environment.
- Manage yearly large-scale leadership meetings, including production and video elements, and ensure that communication plans are delivered on time, in the right voice/understanding and to the right audience in a creative and educational way aligned with Safelite’s consumer and employer brands.
- Develop executive communication strategies and craft effective communication materials that deliver consistent, compelling messages and experiences in creative ways (and through various platforms) that build and inspire confidence in the long-term strength of the company and its leadership.
- Develop end-to-end enterprise-wide campaigns that provide new thinking and approaches to drive results and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of internal communications through all channels.
- Build communication capabilities across the organization through educational tools, project intake and processes that allow for greater voice and tone consistency with message development and distribution.
- Act as corporate spokesperson responsible for protecting the integrity and reputation of the organization; Develop, implement and refine public relations, Foundation and philanthropic strategies.
- Stay up to date on relevant industry insights with a finger on the pulse of associates; Advise executives on significant trends, stakeholder concerns and competitor actions that may impact the company.
- Establish and implement crisis management framework including education, training and governance.
- Develop, build and implement external and internal strategies that define and support the company’s CSR commitment, performance and impact.
- Drives adoption of responsible business practices through education and insight and monitors impact to measure progress.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in internal and corporate communications at fast-paced and dynamic organizations.
- 5+ years’ experience as a people leader with a proven track record of developing talent.
- Preferred experience working in a global or high-growth national organization through major business transformation initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort presenting/delivering content to large audiences.
- Strategic mindset for communications messaging to a targeted audience. Able to provide innovative and creative solutions that deliver on internal and external goals while developing scalable best practices.
- Proven agile project management expertise; able to manage multiple ongoing national and global workstreams with the ability to quickly pivot with agility and balance given changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly build internal and external customer relationships, leveraging indirect influence to bring projects to fruition.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite Group collects personal information. To understand what is collected and why, carefully review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, we’ll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for hires made.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04