AVP Global Public Policy – Privacy – 2118104
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
This position is located in Washington DC.
Overall Purpose: Develop and advance AT&T’s public policy positions on privacy, human rights, social justice, and other issues. Provide policy support and guidance for AT&T Chief Privacy Office and other business units, and partner with them to develop coordinated strategies that achieve corporate priorities. Advance AT&T’s business objectives through external advocacy and engagement in legislative, regulatory and policy-development proceedings at the state, federal and global level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of strategic policy positions and strategies to create new business opportunities, minimize adverse legal and regulatory developments, and guide external policy outcomes.
- Support AT&T’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity and Inclusion programs by conducting research, coordinating the development of policy positions and advocating policy positions with external stakeholders;
- Analyze emerging policy developments in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, educate regulatory, legislative, and public affairs advocates of business objectives and policy direction, and incorporate external developments in the iterative evolution of the company’s public policy positions;
- Provide AT&T a competitive advantage at the nexus of business and public policy as a source of subject matter expertise, complex and industry leading quantitative and technical analysis, and institutional, regulatory, and industry knowledge and experience;
- Track external policy developments related to privacy at the municipal, state, federal, and global level, including the introduction of draft legislation and other public initiatives that could affect our business;
- Participate on cross functional teams to stay abreast of emerging business interests, identify areas of policy impact, and analyze optimal outcomes given business direction, emerging policy trends, and opportunity to shape policy developments;
- Close, detailed and real-time work with External Affairs and Law Department colleagues in defining optimal policy compromises as regulatory and legislative initiatives develop in municipal, state, federal, and global forums;
- Provide expert subject matter input into legal filings, testimony and other formal written submissions as well as social media publications, blogs, etc., as required by municipal, state, federal, and global legislative and regulatory advocacy teams;
- Advocate AT&T public policy positions, including through participation in policy discussions at external industry, think tank, regulatory, legislative, and other fora;
- Build and maintain relationships with senior executives and senior external policy stakeholders and organizations, including thought leaders in academia, industry, civil society, government, think tanks, etc.;
- Lead and participate in negotiation and consensus building among relevant stakeholders, including in complex and rapidly evolving multi-stakeholder environments; and
- Work closely with other External Affairs disciplines, to lead develop, implement, and maintain broad strategic campaigns to achieve optimal business outcomes.
Education: JD or other advanced degree preferred.
Experience: 5 or more years of experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-07