AVP, Government Relations
LPL Financial is hiring an assistant vice president, Government Relations, to be based in Washington, DC. This individual will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Head of Government Relations, and will work closely with senior executives and legal counsel on broad legislative and regulatory assignments, as described below.
- •Develop and maintain relationships with Capitol Hill and regulators; coordinate meetings between LPL executives and Hill/agencies and staff, as needed
- •Support the firm on critical advocacy issues
- •Manage research and materials preparation for meetings and presentations
- •Assist in the development of written testimony, letters, position papers, regulatory comments, and articles
- •Draft hearing summaries and other written content for distribution to LPL stakeholders
- •Cover and report on Congressional legislation and regulatory proceedings
- •Conduct media monitoring on key issues and manage rapid response efforts, as necessary
- •Liaise and coordinate with industry trade association partners
- •Support LPL Financial Political Action Committee, including attending fundraising events on behalf of LPL PAC
- •Coordinate LPL financial advisor fly-ins and related logistics
- •Liaise and coordinate with external consultants
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- •Bachelor’s degree is required. Five to eight years previous work experience in public policy, financial services, or communications preferred.
- •Capitol Hill experience strongly preferred.
- •Relationships with Members of the Congressional Tri-Caucus are preferred, but not required.
- •Strong writing and organizational skills required.
- •Should have strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with members of senior management
- •Should have adaptability and willingness to take on a wide variety of new tasks and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- •Must be willing to travel as needed.
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously.Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-07