AVP, Marketing Communications
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. One of the fastest-growing credit card providers in the United States, Credit One Bank offers credit cards through the Visa®, Mastercard® and American Express® networks. Credit One Bank is the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Las Vegas Raiders, the Vegas Golden Knights, and Best Friends Animal Society, and is a proud partner of WWE and Six Flags®. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and on social media (@CreditOneBank) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
The Assistant Vice President, Marketing Communications is responsible for managing the overall growth of the organization. This position will be primary responsible for leading the strategy, management and execution of client projects that acquires new customers, retains existing customers and increases the value of existing customers of the Bank. This position will lead the development of marketing projects across all marketing channels to support the Credit One Bank’s business and brand strategy while supporting the nurturing of leads and cross-sell opportunities that support annual revenue goals.
The ideal candidate is a strategic and forward-thinking individual who is passionate about digital media and marketing communications. The AVP, Marketing Communications will lead the account management team, working with cross-functional departments on various projects to support the business strategy and brand. The type of projects will include product marketing, promotional campaigns, newsletters, motion graphics and video production, social media assets, email marketing campaigns, SEO/SEM and interactive digital advertising campaigns.
The AVP, Marketing Communications must be highly organized, results-oriented and comfortable working in a cross-functional, high pace environment. Qualified individuals must have a keen attention to detail, strong people management skills, intuitive sense of creativity, be a thought leader, innovator and have the trusted ability to manage multiple tasks independently as well as be a good team coach and mentor.
Summary Essential Job Functions
· Work in conjunction with business leaders to design an effective marketing strategy while adhering to the Bank’s culture and brand guidelines
· Transform high level concepts into executable marketing plans
· Manage the development of marketing materials that effectively describe and promote the Bank’s products across all channels, including direct mail and digital media
· Work with internal clients across the organization to develop marketing strategy and plans
· Develop and manage the deliverables within the proper SLAs
· Develop and maintain account management metrics and dashboards to measure the team’s activities and deliverables, reporting monthly results to department leaders
· Collaborate with internal graphic designers to deliver projects on time and on budget
· Prioritize workflows and projects based on defined Tiers SLAs
· Direct and manage account management team members – 6 direct reports
· Other duties as assigned
· Percent of time traveling: 0-5%
· Strong communication skills required with an ability to effectively present strategy and campaigns to all levels of the organization
· Excellent client and time management skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to translate data into executable marketing concepts and content
· Experience managing and coaching direct reports
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
· Demonstrate company core values of excellence, ownership, collaboration and integrity
· High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
· Ability to conceptualize, create and present storyboards, oversee design of motion/video graphics, managing different styles and visual dimensions
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and present strong rationale in decision making
· Strong analytical skills and excellent eye for detail
· Adaptable to change and ability to inspire business transformation
· Ability to communicate marketing strategy and provide business consultation to clients
· Knowledge of financial services industry and trends a plus
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in Marketing
· 10+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD) is a plus
· Great sense of typography and visual composition
· Strong conceptual strategic thinking
· Experience creating marketing strategy for print and digital channels (mobile, e-mail, web, video)
· Experience in developing campaigns that are fresh, innovative, and market-driven
· Works well under pressure with a focus on execution and delivery
· Ability to interpret and follow brand guidelines
· Experience managing direct report through performance management, coaching and mentoring skills
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-05