AVP, Public Relations CCI
Celebrity Cruises is seeking a confident, creative, collaborative, disruptive, fearless communications leader to play a mission-critical role in the marketing impact and effectiveness of Celebrity Cruises, a bold, dynamic, innovative and fast-moving travel company that is transforming the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate will be culturally-connected, courageous, energetic, whip-smart, endlessly resourceful and committed to the big picture. They must lean in with fresh perspectives and ideas that generate meaningful results as the key leader on an all-in, integrated communications team.
The AVP Global Corporate Communications leads critical communication initiatives, and serves as the leader and advisor to Celebrity Cruises executive leadership. The AVP is the architect of the brand’s long-term earned communications strategy and oversees flawless execution and measurement. The AVP has discretion in budgeting, agency partnership and partner selection, and is expected to collaborate productively with internal and external partners. The AVP is expected to build, and develop, a world-class communications team that is prepared for our future.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create a public relations strategy that separates Celebrity Cruises from the category, earning a disproportionate share of the conversation and coverage. Build a best-in-class team and forge strategic partnerships with agencies and influencers across relevant media channels, to firmly establish our Modern Luxury position and truly ‘Making Celebrity Famous’.
- Responsible for agency selection and ongoing engagement to identify ‘big brand moments’ and strongly influence overall brand positioning to drive demand with the right guests.
- Selection of media partners, influencers and brand advocates, for example, Godmothers, influencers and writers, leadership and responsibility for PR ideas, execution and results.
- Responsible for creating demand, building brand preference and driving higher revenues through effective activations and editorial coverage. This includes ongoing measurement for optimal ROI, and the agility to purposefully adapt strategy and tactics to market changes.
- Developing content and coverage strategies that attract first to cruise guests through earned media, influencers and lifestyle publications.
- Build and maintains relationships with significant media partners and influencers, with the intention of cultivating, and capitalizing, on those relationships at meaningful brand moments.
- Oversight and input of brand media relations, crisis communications, digital/web/social media communications, corporate reputation, corporate social responsibility or employee communications.
- Represents department and serves as leader on important cross-disciplinary teams, including multi-market teams and situation management incidents.
- Plays a leadership role in personnel recruiting, team structure and evaluation, including the development of management talent. Mentors effectively. Leads by example.
- Frequent travel and flexibility to support business events outside of the regular hours including holidays and weekends.
- Researching, writing, editing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity materials, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and digital media
- Managing and updating brand information, engaging with users on social media, sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities, commissioning market research
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent directly related experience required.
- At least 10 years communications experience in corporate and/or brand communications, public affairs, or crisis management, preferably in a public company.
- Experience with and affinity for premium lifestyle brands a plus.
- Strong ability to interact with senior executive team and build effective relationships within the Company, public, guests, media, special interest groups and communities.
- Strong planning capabilities to identify and prioritize communication strategies and activities as well as to meet the deadlines required to support media and business needs.
- Outstanding writing skills in different formats including announcements, statements, press releases, articles, broadcast messages, letters, etc.
- Strong experience and knowledge as well as deep understanding of all internal and external communications strategies, tools, systems, and techniques.
- Creative and strategic thinker, outstanding English language proficiency.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-22