AVP Strategic Communications
SHIFT: No Weekends
Division Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Strategic Communications
Medical City Healthcare
The Division Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Strategic Communications, reports to the Division VP of Marketing and Corporate Affairs. S/he will ensure the Corporate Communications strategy is reflected across the Division, including scaling the HCA Healthcare story across the operating markets and emphasizing the value of HCA Healthcare to internal and external audiences. S/he will oversee the development, implementation and execution of a Division-wide Communications strategy that aligns to the HCA Healthcare Enterprise Communications strategy, as well as advance local and market Communications objectives. S/he will be a crucial facilitator of internal collaboration and internal communications strategy.
- Lead, execute and sustain a multi-year, multi-channel strategy to bring the HCA Healthcare story to life in the Division with a cascading plan for disseminating consistent enterprise core message and proof points
- Lead communications working groups in the development and execution of internal communications initiatives and programs on behalf of executive leadership such as organizational changes and new or existing campaigns
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities to strengthen HCA Healthcare’s brand with internal and influencer audiences through strategic involvement in professional associations (including conferences, tradeshows, speaking engagements, and awards).
- Supports execution of internal communications for key stakeholder and influencer audiences (including but not limited to Internal Newsletters, Town Halls, Leadership Forums, and External Thought Leadership). Ensures appropriate messaging based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Develops necessary content creation for written, video, digital and in-person channels including internal and external executive communications messages, speeches, presentations, talking points, videos, board materials, annual reports, and other collateral
- Partners with the Corporate and Division communications teams to focus on the following key audiences: Government Relations, Payor Relations, Physicians, Colleagues, Nurses, Crisis Communications, Acquisitions and internal communications.
- Collaborates with Corporate Communications, Division leadership, and other stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Human Resources, Government Relations, Payor Relations, Clinical Services, Physician Services, Nursing, and Information Technology) to effectively cascade communication and key messages to colleagues within the Division and its markets.
- In partnership with Government Relations, be knowledgeable of and navigate political and regulatory environments within the National, State, and Local markets. Serve as an advisor to local Marketing and Communications leadership on state and local market regulations that may impact communications strategies.
- Work closely with the Division Marketing, Public Relations, and Community Relations counterparts to stay abreast of key initiatives, goals, and outcomes that impact Division and local markets.
- Establish a framework for measurement of communications efforts.
- In coordination with the VP of Marketing and Corporate Affairs, and AVP of PR and Media Communications, document a crisis communication strategy for the Division in line with crisis communications best practices and in alignment with the Corporate crisis communication plan/policies. Localizes crisis communications strategies to facility team members for local implementation.
- Consults and leads best practice sharing across Division.
- Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various “clients” (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the division), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serve as resources for information, which can be directed as appropriate to external or internal audiences.
- Provides a direct communication and counsel to hospital CEOs and other leadership members when appropriate.
- Proofreads and reviews all content prior to publication.
- Seeks appropriate approval from Corporate Communications, VP, and others before disseminating information reflective of the enterprise and market brands.
- Supports and promotes the HCA Healthcare brand purpose and ensures adherence/alignment of communications messaging and content with existing brand standards.
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and includes 14 hospitals, 8 off-campus emergency rooms, 11 ambulatory surgery centers, more than 4,400 active physicians and 17,000 employees and 3,424 licensed patient beds.
As part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), we lead the industry in putting patients first. Our physicians, staff and hospital leaders are committed to offering patients and their families hope and healing through quality care and advanced technology. To that end, we work every day to ensure an environment where our physicians provide strength, expertise and experience, and our partners are entrusted to act with absolute integrity.
Medical City Healthcare is committed to providing excellent care that is convenient and accessible. Our focus on patient safety and quality is grounded in evidence-based medicine and is delivering better outcomes for our patients every day. As part of our continuous quality improvements, Medical City Healthcare benchmarks our rankings in emergency department wait times, door-to-balloon times and key service line indicators as reported by CMS.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Experience: More than 8 years
- Management Experience: 2 + years
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, or related field required
- Physical Demands / Working Conditions: Works in an office environment, requires some travel
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Job posted: 2021-06-08