Bank Communications Advisor Senior
Purpose of Job
USAA is seeking a talented Bank Communications Advisor Senior to work within 60 miles of the following USAA offices: San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, Chesapeake, VA.
The new hire will plan and implement communications programs for business or enterprise initiatives. Provides counsel and advice regarding communications plans, strategies and/or tactics to support business and enterprise objectives and priorities. Manages multiple relationships and communications channels to ensure products, services and/or business initiatives are effectively positioned with internal and/or external audiences.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Leads development, maintenance, and implementation of complex communications programs/plans that identify key messages, target audiences, and intended outcomes.
- Assesses program or plan effectiveness.
- Leads multiple stakeholders and business partners to integrate and align deliverables with communications plans and programs.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
- Writes, edits, produces, distributes, and/or oversees development of appropriately styled communications.
- May coordinate necessary approvals and/or produce and deliver critical messages for senior leaders.
- Leverages strong technical and business knowledge proficiency to provide communications guidance to clients and business partners.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members and assists in their training and development.
- When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of corporate communications, public relations, journalism/news media, or related work experience.
- Advanced communication skills, including experience producing content for multiple channels
- Significant experience consulting with senior management in a business environment
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- 4+ years banking experience
- Experience writing bank-focused member-facing operational communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200-144,500*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Job posted: 2021-06-02