Blockchain Policy Lead
Engine is hiring a policy expert to lead our advocacy and research work on issues relating to distributed ledger technologies. This person will work directly with companies, policymakers, and advocacy organizations to help develop a favorable regulatory framework for blockchain startups.
As Engine’s Blockchain Policy Lead, you will:
- Take ownership of Engine’s advocacy on blockchain issues, working with Engine’s core team and network of partner companies to develop policy proposals that promote the growth of the blockchain sector;
- Work directly with policymakers to improve the regulatory landscape;
- Educate government officials and regulators on the technical functioning of distributed ledger technologies and the impact of rules governing the industry;
- Monitor and provide analysis of various blockchain policies currently under development;
- Research and write white papers, amicus briefs, and regulatory comments on blockchain issues;
- Represent Engine in public;
- Identify and establish relationships with potential partners.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a deep understanding of and passion for distributed ledger technologies;
- Is well-versed in the myriad laws and regulations impacting blockchain companies (securities regulations, money transmission, AML/KYC, tax law, etc.);
- Has an advanced degree (JD, MBA, MPP, or technical degree);
- Is a prodigious and skilled persuasive writer;
- Is tech savvy;
- Has experience working in policy/politics.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Blockchain Policy Lead” in the subject line.
Job posted: 2019-04-29