Brand Communications & Public Relations Coordinator
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Marketing department as a Public Relations Coordinator.
The Public Relations Coordinator will be supporting the Brand Communications and Public Relations team in planning, scheduling and executing communications and press strategies, placements, editorial coverage including product coordination, collaborations/influencers, and events for the Crate & Barrel (including Wedding Registry and Trade), Crate & Kids (including Baby Registry), and Table at Crate.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate with the marketing team and cross-functional partners to maintain annual and seasonal calendars and editorial plans.
- Track and coordinate product/asset delivery dates helping to ensure product placements run smoothly.
- Build, foster and maintain relationships with media contacts at major publications and media outlets
- Conceive, initiate, and maintain project schedules/track progress for events and projects.
- Maintain strong linkage with content and social teams to ensure information is shared in a timely fashion.
- Assist in creation and execution of innovative publicity programs that increase awareness and positive perception of the brand and leadership.
- Generate local awareness in key markets through implementation of Crate & Barrel participation in new market as well as other community and social events.
- Execute product collaboration, press and events strategies for Crate and Barrel.
- Assist in creation of media communications, press releases, relationships and interviews with key media outlets.
- Lead product/image requests pertaining to all areas of the business.
- Oversee maintenance of all business messaging, company fact sheets, bios and other corporate materials.
- Identify social media influencers to create content in order to support brand initiatives and key launches.
- Participate in cross-functional teams focused on development of seasonal strategies, events, and in-the-moment ideas for press as well as internal marketing.
- Liaise with PR team in Canada to coordinate material development, outreach plans and other PR support around collaborations and collection launches when needed.
- Contribute to reporting, competitive research, consumer research, invoicing, and data entry.
- Support Associate Director in keeping financial trackers updated and submitting invoices.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Minimum of 1 year of hands on experience in developing marketing campaigns
- Experienced in executing events for brands; retail brands a plus
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with verbal and written skills (English)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Proficient with Google Suites and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job posted: 2021-09-20