Brand Communications Specialist
Mellow is looking for an enthusiastic and strategic thinker in the Marketing space to build and support critical programs within the Digital Marketing team. Through a combination of exceptional writing & storytelling skills, customer empathy, and a scrappy can-do attitude, the right candidate will help customers discover, better understand and connect with Mellow brand and products. This position will support Brand Communications Lead and report to Director of Marketing.
**This is NOT a remote position and must be able to work our San Leandro office location.
ABOUT THE TEAM: Digital Marketing Team
Mellow Digital Marketing is a team of specialists with a variety of skillsets and from diverse backgrounds who work to connect Mellow’s growing portfolio of brands and its innovative home furnishing solutions with e-retailer consumers across the US.
YOU SHOULD BE HERE IF:
You enjoy reading and writing. You can clearly, concisely, and effectively communicate everything from how to set up a bed frame to the value proposition for an entire catalog of home furnishing goods. You approach any problem with customer-centric mindset, and you’re full of creative, off-the-beaten-path ideas for content, campaigns, and more. You not only survive but thrive in an atmosphere of ambiguity. You are self-directed in finding new ways to help the team be more efficient and productive, with opportunities to grow into future roles in product, marketing, growth, and more.
The ideal candidate has 1 to 2 years of marketing communications experience, ideally with a focus on e-commerce, retail, editorial, or other writing-intensive roles, though we’re open to exceptional storytellers with less traditional backgrounds.
- Generate a wide range of content in order to support strategic marketing objectives, including but not limited to brand copywriting, naming, product descriptions, storytelling for PR and more.
· Support Brand Communications Lead & Director of Marketing in creating digital content/ad plans for website, e-retailers and social media;
- Manage Digital Marketing Team’s critical campaigns and projects.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, product strategy, and customer success teams to unlock customer/industry insight and integrate into marketing initiatives.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience in writing-intensive role, ideally in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in crafting compelling messaging and materials for a wide range of different audiences.
- Fluent with MS Office software (Excel, PowerPoint) and Google for Work products (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization and vendors.
- Strong understanding of e-retail environment and empathy for customers.
- Positive attitude and hunger for learning and getting your hands dirty.
BONUS POINTS IF:
- You’ve developed deep expertise in SEO writing as well as storytelling.
- You have experience in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager and/or familiarity with influencer & other affiliate marketing programs.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-01