Brand Public Relations Specialist
NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG’s brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG’s goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG’s priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG’s Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being “All Heart.” NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love – love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
The Specialist, Brand Public Relations will support the team through execution of strategic brand PR initiatives for Neiman Marcus. The Specialist, Brand Public Relations will work closely with the Sr. Specialist, Brand Public Relations and the rest of the Brand Public Relations and Brand Experience team to secure priority earned media coverage and deliver quality communications deliverables to key internal and external stakeholders.
The Specialist can expect to be immersed in many aspects of the Neiman Marcus business and regularly engage with senior executives and internal business partners, including Marketing, Creative, Merchandising, and Corporate Communications teams, among others. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and storytelling abilities, demonstrate continued creativity and curiosity of the business, and an eagerness to stay ahead of the curve to maintain Neiman Marcus’ position as the premier luxury retailer. This position should be filled by a self-starter with meticulous organization, time management, and creative skills.
As Specialist, Brand Public Relations, you will be responsible for securing earned coverage and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Additional key priorities are listed below:
- Partners with and coordinates across Brand Public Relations, Brand Experience, Corporate Communications, ESG & Belonging, Social Media, Marketing, Creative and Merchandising departments to ensure consistency in telling the Neiman Marcus story.
- Involvement in the strategic development and execution of Neiman Marcus’ public relations plan with a focus on securing earned consumer and industry coverage across national and local outlets.
- Serve as a trusted partner to Brand Experience and Marketing teams, helping to strategically identify and execute press-worthy opportunities that communicate Neiman Marcus’ brand story and values
- Responsibilities include media monitoring and reporting, preparing and editing press materials such as pitches, press releases, media alerts, interview and media briefs, working with teams across multiple time zones, coordinating image, sample and editorial requests, staying up-to-date with Neiman Marcus, industry and competitor news, supporting corporate and store events and key initiatives, and assisting with agency-led initiatives.
- Work closely with local Brand Experience and Brand Public Relations team members to ensure national PR strategies are executed effectively in local markets.
- The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer, proactive and collaborative team player, and able to manage planning, execution, and reporting for several initiatives at once.
- Consistently delivers expected results within agreed upon deadlines.
- Agency, retail or fashion-industry experience and existing relationships with local and national press is a plus.
- A minimum of two to three (2-3) years of communications experience with a focus on public relations
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience utilizing SharePoint, Cision, PRNewswire, and media across digital, print, broadcast, and social
- AP Style proficient
- Ability to organize and manage files on SharePoint, assess press-worthiness, identify opportunities to amplify press interest, positively approach challenges, and committed to problem solving
- Superb time management skills within a highly charged, fast-paced environment
- Detailed oriented, organized, and flourishes when multi-tasking
- You are a natural storyteller, perform under pressure, and are able to prioritize and execute on short- and long-term initiatives
- Embodies a flexible nature for change and excitement for exploring new avenues of outreach
- Proven ability to drive results
- Candidate should be well-organized, enthusiastic, keen attention to detail, and professional
- Conduct daily media monitoring to track key coverage and industry trends, distribute to key internal stakeholders
- Coordinate image/sample/editorial product pull requests
- Draft, edit and distribute press materials (press releases, media alerts, pitches, interview and media briefings, statements and quotes)
- Support local store Brand Experience team with events, announcements, key initiatives, and incoming press requests
- Support social/influencer key initiatives and vet press-worthiness
- Pitch, vet, and coordinate interview opportunities to top-tier consumer press; comfortable working directly with executives on press opportunities
- Work closely with merchant teams to identify press-worthy/exclusive/trending items in their assortment for product pitching as well as any activation, interview, or engagement opportunities with brand partners
- Partner with Corporate and Internal comms on overlapping initiatives and internal associate/press recognition
- Assist in the development and execution of seasonal press strategies
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-13