Business Manager and Communications Director
Montana Building Industry Association (MBIA)
MBIA Business Manager and Communications Director
Responsible to: MBIA Executive Director
The Communications/Marketing Director is responsible for the coordination of all marketing, member communication, external communication, social media and website functions of the MBIA. This position provides guidance and assists with implementation of new or existing membership products, events, and services. The director is also involved in supporting the MBIA’s government/public relations activities as well as membership retention and membership development programs. In addition, the director is responsible for all event planning and coordination for the MBIA meetings.
- Monthly payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for both GRIP and MBIA Treasurers Report.
- Minute preparation in accordance with the by-laws.
- Directly supervises and coordinates marketing/branding, member communications, social media, and other outreach programs as directed.
- Develops and implements marketing and membership development programs in conjunction with other staff and local associations.
- Works closely with operations, training, and government affairs staff to promote programs, events, training, services, and the overall mission of the MBIA.
- Stays abreast of the MBIA, benefits and events and ensures that MBIA members are aware of the value they deliver.
- Develops ideas, prepares articles, and oversees publication/broadcast of electronic briefings, newsletters, magazines, social media posts, etc. on relevant topics.
- Is integrally involved in assisting with fundraising activities, including but not limited to: sponsorship for events, advertising, membership, political action committees and other advocacy related initiatives.
- Maintains contacts with key news media outlets throughout Montana and seizes opportunities for “earned media” that advances the MBIA’s mission and advocacy.
- Is constantly on the lookout for new services or programs that deliver value and opportunity to member companies, and collaborates with other staff to implement them.
- Is able to represent the MBIA at various community, business, political and educational events.
- Acts as central point of contact for member inquiries and external inquiries.
Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes health coverage, retirement plan, and paid time off. This is an on-going position and is based in Helena, MT.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- Relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Helena, MT 59601 (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-10