Business Unit Communications Leader – Skin Health West (Senior Manager)
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health is recruiting for a Business Unit Communication Leader – Skin Health West (responsibilities for the Clean & Clear®, C&C by Clean & Clear®, Neutrogena® and Rogaine® brands) to be located in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health develops and markets beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Wound Care, Beauty, Feminine Care and Self Care products.
- Serve as single point of contact for all Skin Health West communications needs and collaborate with other communications colleagues (e.g., global, external stakeholder, issues management, employee engagement, corporate, etc.) to provide strategic communications counsel to the General Manager, Skin Health West, Skin Health West Board and the cross-functional Skin Health West Squads
- Protect and enhance the reputation and equities of the Clean & Clear®, C&C by Clean & Clear®, Neutrogena® and Rogaine® brands, by providing counsel on the Public Relations and Influencer Marketing strategies, as well as partnering on issues/crisis communication programming with the Global Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement team
- Working with the U.S. Skin Health Communications Lead, develop and execute the Skin Health Leadership communications strategy for the President, Skin Health and Vice President of Marketing & General Manager, Skin Health West, preparing them for external opportunities (i.e. media interviews), as well as internal events (i.e. Town Halls)
- Create and execute the employee communications plan for the Los Angeles campus in partnership with the NA Internal Communications Manager and Los Angeles Site Leadership Team
- In partnership with the NA Communications and Public Affairs Lead and U.S. Skin Health Communications Lead, manage and lead the communications strategy for any external issues that impact our Skin Health West Businesses or Los Angeles campus.
- Partner with the NA Communications Manager and U.S. Skin Health Communications Lead to manage and lead the communications strategy for change management efforts relating to the Skin Health West Businesses or Los Angeles campus.
- Identify opportunities to secure key business and trade media coverage for Skin Health West brands, as well as prepare and train key internal spokespeople
- Collaborate with other Brand Public Relations and Consumer Sector public relations colleagues as it relates to larger sector-wide communications opportunities for external and internal stakeholders
- Lead measurement for Skin Health West by overseeing the monthly reporting compiled by the PR agencies, assisting in the roll-out of new measurement tools, and providing recommendations to the West-coast based Squads on ways to optimize plans based on key learnings
- Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners (e.g., marketing, professional, R&D, sales, digital, social, e-commerce, etc.)
- Develop partnerships with third party partner organizations and professionals (e.g., dermatologists) as needed
- Liaise with the Global Consumer Health Communication team and the Global Franchise Organization to partner, share insights and key learnings gained from the U.S. Skin Health West communication programs
- Role model effective counsel to business leaders by listening, understanding and providing credible expertise, relevant insights and transparent feedback
- Model a healthy Enterprise culture by championing and facilitating a Diversity and Inclusion mindset that aligns with Our Credo and Leadership Imperatives
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum 7+ years of experience in communication with a focus on managing external Brand PR and influencer-based programs for skin health/beauty brands (preferred) and/or within consumer packaged goods at a corporate environment or public relations agency
- Proven ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives and work in a fast-paced, agile structure
- Experience dealing with national and local media, trade and social media, and/or professional/trade and third-party organizations required
- Proficiency working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence
- Expert judgement in critical decision making on issues impacting reputation and is sought after as a trusted advisor
- Experience in change management and crisis communications
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-11