California & Oregon Government Affairs Manager
Intel is a company of bold and curious inventors and problem solvers who create some of the most astounding technology advancements and experiences in the world. Government relations has never been more important to Intel’s success and Global Government Affairs (GGA) is a pivotal group within Intel’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) focused on a range of urgent policy issues like domestic manufacturing incentives, trade with China, IP protection, and other business-critical priorities.
The California (CA) and Oregon (OR) Government Affairs manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic engagements with local and state officials, business and regulatory agencies, and key business associations to protect Intel’s license to operate. This is a critical role on a fast-growing Government Affairs team to enhance Intel’s reputation and ability to influence and promote a favorable business environment that enables growth and helps Intel win against the competition, and ultimately advance American semiconductor manufacturing and technology leadership.
- Develop and execute strategic plans and programs that comprehensively address current and future business and regulatory needs, challenges, and opportunities for the CA and OR sites.
- Build, maintain and enhance the relationship with key decision makers with local and state government and its functional agencies and facilitate Intel’s executive leadership’s engagement with them.
- Monitor and track state legislation and activities within the local and state government that could impact Intel’s CA and OR operations.
- Proactively research and keep Intel management abreast of any policy changes or activities that could present challenges and opportunities to Intel.
- Support site operations and business development by “connecting-the-dots” and effectively mapping Intel’s business objectives to external trends and addressing potential issues and influencing their outcome.
- Represent Intel at local and state industry forums and events ensuring good communication and mutual understanding of CA and OR site needs and objectives.
- Expert in Intel’s business environment and technologies to translate these to external audiences.
- Handles confidential information frequently and appropriately.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Think strategically and operate in a highly matrixed, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work under pressure within a team environment and with all levels of management, as well as proactively with minimal direction.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in political science, public relations, communications, marketing or related field
- 7+ years of work experience in:
- State government organization and legislative processes.
- Project management and stakeholder management.
- Business environment and technologies.
- This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Previous semiconductor industry experience
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; public policy, legislative and regulatory lobbying; global trade, export, import, and customs; and corporate compliance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-04