California-Senior Corporate Counsel – State Regulatory Compliance and Policy
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-tv industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-tv provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-tv norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
Were driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it is in our DNA. We are looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
We are seeking a Senior Regulatory Counsel with 10+ years of experience with a state public regulatory agency, state government, large national or regional law firm, trade association, corporation, or other government agency. This person will report to the Director for Wireless Regulatory Affairs. This person will be responsible for state regulatory compliance and relationship building with the California Public Utilities Commission.
This position will require remote work and will not initially be located in a DISH office.This person likely will be most effective residing in California. Frequent travel is expected. In the future, as DISH opens new offices and facilities around the United States, this position may transition to an in-office work environment.
All candidates must be eager to learn and demonstrate energy and a need for achievement. The ideal candidate will have experience in the state wireless or wireline regulatory field, with expertise in topics such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California telecommunications regulations, spectrum policy, wireless tower siting, broadband policy, Universal Service Fund, and state telecom legislation.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Drafting filings for submission to state regulatory agencies
- Building relationships with state regulatory officials and staff
- Tracking state regulatory requirements and deadlines
- Reviewing and revising business documents
- Working closely with our business teams to accomplish company goals
- Improving legal processes and procedures
- Assisting with other responsibilities as needed
A successful Senior Regulatory Counsel will have the following:
- Licensed attorney with a J.D. from an accredited law school. (Candidates should include law school and class rank and GPA on their resumes).
- Licensed to practice law in California.
- Detail-oriented, possess excellent writing, communication and organization skills, and be able to manage multiple simultaneous assignments.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-18