RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You’re a campaign tactician: excellent at developing and managing relationships, and a creative, adept, and proactive problem-solver. You always know the topline status of your campaigns — what’s working well, what needs to change, and how to mitigate threats and seize opportunities — and you don’t need to be asked to make them known. You seamlessly move from task to task and issue to issue, working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment. You are an exceptional communicator, able to manage up, down, and around to get results. And you’re passionate about the democracy movement and committed to the fight for an America that works for everyone, not just the powerful and well-connected.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Director will manage a portfolio of key high-impact campaigns serviced by the Campaign Accelerator, a RepresentUs program supercharging the nonpartisan American democracy movement by providing multi-state, multi-issue services to selected campaigns at the intersection of policy impact and political viability. The Director will be the Accelerator’s liaison to high-impact campaigns and be responsible for ensuring that the Accelerator services these efforts efficiently, effectively, and with strategic foresight. Reporting to the Senior Director of the Campaign Accelerator, the Director will:
- Conceptualize the most impactful and cost-effective strategies to position a successful campaign, and orchestrate the delivery of fulfillment services
- Assess the needs and fulfillment of Accelerator services for portfolio campaigns, and regularly deploy to various campaign locations
- Build relationships with portfolio campaigns’ key contacts and advise them on campaign strategy
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Policy Director, Political Director, and Campaign Accelerator staff to ensure the support of portfolio campaigns
- Build and manage campaign budgets
- Participate in strategic planning discussions to assess and advance national, state, and local strategy
- Extensive experience and a winning track record in political campaign management
- Experience designing, maintaining, and improving a goal-oriented accountability structure without compromising staff autonomy or innovation
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Extensive experience managing and training high-performing staffers
- Strong budget management skills
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
Salary is commensurate with experience and varies by location. We currently have staff in Massachusetts, North Carolina, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, California, New York, and Alabama. Telecommuting from additional states is an option for the right candidate. The annual salary range for the Campaign Director position is $80-$100K.
No phone calls, please.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-11