The Hub Project
Reports to: Managing Director, Campaigns
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full time; Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub Project is looking for an experienced Campaign Director to help design, build, and run one or more programs. The Campaign Director will take a lead role in the design, management, and promotion of new public campaigns leveraging the appropriate mix of grassroots organizing, paid, and earned media tactics to advance the goals of the Hub and its allies. This is a significant leadership role at The Hub Project and will be an integral part of the senior leadership team.
The Campaign Director will be responsible for leading a team of passionate and talented staff from across the organization to create dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns. You’ll manage the day-to-day of programs that include robust communications, digital, research and policy, and traditional paid media plans. You’ll also be responsible for managing budgets, a variety of vendors, and creating full scale plans for issue campaigns.
As Campaign Director, you will:
● Develop, write, and execute large-scale issue advocacy campaign plans.
● Design and manage budgets to accomplish the goals of the campaign.
● Lead a strategic team of communications, research, and digital staff on progressive economic issue campaigns.
● Run substantial paid programs on TV and digital platforms.
● Work closely with existing campaign partners, while developing new relationships to build robust, multi-faceted campaigns.
● Oversee rapid-response efforts as necessary.
● Manage vendors across national and state programs.
● Lead a team to design professional and consistent reporting on program progress and successes with an eye towards growing our network of stakeholders and our impact.
● Manage an internal team of up to 20 people.
● You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
● You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
● You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
● You have extensive experience designing and managing large-scale campaigns.
● You are an excellent verbal and written communicator and have the ability to present to diverse audiences.
● You have a talent for working with partner organizations and forming meaningful organizational collaboration.
● You are an experienced people manager and a talented leader.
● You are committed to developing strategic plans that work–and orienting numerous people and tactics around achieving goals.
● Experience with large-scale paid media campaigns is a plus, and a willingness to try new and innovative tactics alongside traditional approaches is a must.
● You have managed large and complicated budgets.
● You have successfully negotiated with and managed numerous outside vendors.
● You have experience using public opinion research to inform program.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Job posted: 2020-06-19