Campaign Director, Economy Campaigns
The Hub Project
The Hub Project is looking for an experienced Campaign Director to help design, build, and run one or more national and state-based programs focused on educating the public about critical economic issues. The Campaign Director will take a lead role in the design, management, and promotion of new public campaigns leveraging the appropriate mix of grassroots organizing, paid and earned media tactics to advance the goals of the Hub and its allies. This is a significant leadership role at The Hub Project and will be an integral part of the senior leadership team.
The Campaign Director will be responsible for leading a team of passionate and talented staff from across the organization and from partner organizations across the country to create dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns. You’ll manage the day-to-day of programs that include robust communications, digital, research and policy, and traditional paid media plans. You’ll also be responsible for managing budgets, a variety of vendors, and creating full-scale plans for issue campaigns
As Campaign Director, you will:
- Develop, write, and execute large-scale issue advocacy campaign plans.
- Design and manage budgets to accomplish the goals of the campaign.
- Lead a strategic team of communications, research, and digital staff on progressive economic issue campaigns.
- Run substantial paid programs on TV, radio, and digital platforms.
- Work closely with existing campaign partners, while developing new relationships to build robust, multi-faceted campaigns.
- Oversee rapid-response efforts as necessary.
- Manage vendors across national and state programs.
- Lead a team to design professional and consistent reporting on program progress and successes with an eye towards growing our network of stakeholders and our impact.
- Manage an internal team of up to 20 people
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
- You have several years of extensive experience designing and managing large-scale national and state-based campaigns.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator and have the ability to present to diverse audiences.
- You have a talent for working with partner organizations and forming meaningful organizational collaboration.
- You have several years of experience developing teams and managing people and you are a talented leader who has a proven track record of building consensus.
- You are committed to developing strategic plans that work–and orienting numerous people and tactics around achieving goals.
- You have a passion for trying new and innovative tactics alongside traditional approaches.
- You have managed large and complicated budgets and achieved outcomes within budgetary constraints.
- You have successfully recruited, negotiated with and managed numerous outside vendors.
- You have experience using public opinion research to inform and evaluate programs.
- You have experience designing evaluations and tests to determine the efficacy of tactics and programs.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have experience managing issue advocacy and electoral campaigns.
- You are familiar with the unique policy and political environment of states across the country.
- You are fluent in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply for this Job”. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers.
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Job posted: 2021-06-09