Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Campaign Organizer (Southeast)
Position: Campaign Organizer (Southeast)
Location: Southeast Region (Remote)
Compassion & Choices is seeking a Campaign Organizer to help advance our outreach and
education efforts across the country.
This position is primarily responsible for working closely with the Regional Campaign and Outreach
Manager in the Southeast regions to formalize and streamline grassroots activities while building
capacity and infrastructure. The Campaign Organizer will also provide key support for outreach activities
and events, particularly around volunteer activities, issue-based campaigns and field campaigns around
This is a full-time, non-exempt (overtime eligible), remotely-located, paid position reporting to the
Regional Campaign & Outreach Manager. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums,
employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance,
flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate
in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 12 paid holidays, 17
PTO days first year, and personal days.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
● Providing oversight to C&C volunteers including managing volunteers to implement C&C’s
grassroots organizing activities within the region.
● Providing technical assistance and support to Action Teams throughout the region (such as:
trainings on and sharing of C&C toolkits).
● Drafting effective advocacy alerts for activist activities and events.
● Coordinating C&C involvement in public/healthcare outreach events (such as: putting together
volunteers for booths and presentations).
● Recruiting volunteers and leading volunteer training and educational talks to build broader
support for the aid in dying movement; cultivating relationships with local community groups.
● Mobilizing individuals throughout the region to voice support for our legislative goals and full
access to end-of-life choice for the following actions: letter writing campaigns, phone banking,
canvassing, days of action, visibility events, legislative lobbying, public health committee hearing,
● Directly supervises Action Teams and volunteers.
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor degree highly desired in political science/public health/management or other related
field – or equivalent education and/or experience in a similar position
● A minimum of 3 years of work experience or strong internships and political campaign
● Experience with forms of social media, such as Facebook.
● Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, including writing skills.
● Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
● Ability to demonstrate public speaking and training skills preferred.
● Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects and to meet multiple deadlines.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Email current resume and cover letter as one PDF document to jobs@CompassionAndChoices.org. In the
subject line of your email, indicate “Last_First Name, SECO 11-2021”. In your cover letter, please (1)
indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your
directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs
Questions about the position may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the
inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to
choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we
improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make
up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer
any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic
identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any
other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job posted: 2022-01-09